This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with less than 100 ps3 games isn't a gamer

#51nelson5436Posted 1/11/2013 2:09:07 AM
If you have that many PS3 games you probably aren't educated when it comes to money. How many games do play everyday? Not many, huh? You could own a core set of games you like replaying and get something like Gamefly for all the games you played once. Thus, saving you money.

And to those who say a few grand over the PS3's lifespan isn't that much- what could you have done with that money? Have a better car, be closer to owning your own house, pay school loans, college fund for your kid so he doesn't have to pay back so much, even take a vacation.

I'm not saying don't play games, I love games, you just don't need to own them all- they aren't Pokemon.

And a final thought- if you play games you are a gamer (see it's right there in the title- "game"r). 1 or 100.
---
PSN: nelson5436
#52killakPosted 1/11/2013 2:11:24 AM
Bit late for the uber judgemental post, when it comes to game owning.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok
#53carloudgracePosted 1/11/2013 2:14:11 AM
I have 12 games >_<
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
PSN:duolrac03
#54Pereb27Posted 1/11/2013 2:17:04 AM
ITT : Hoarding is a requirement to be a gamer.
#55carloudgracePosted 1/11/2013 2:18:29 AM
Darn it, I actually only have 9. I just remembered, 3 of the 12 I counted werent mine >_<
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
PSN:duolrac03
#56_tanjil_Posted 1/11/2013 2:26:11 AM
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
EnforcerICE posted...
I have probably played / owned / rented over 100 games for PS3. But I only have 10 right now, and 2 are being sold.

I generally have about 5 games in my collection by the end of a consoles lifespan that I keep until I finally decide to take a next gen plunge.

then ur not a gamer

What real gamers gotta keep all the games they own? That's BS, your a gamer and a hoarder that's all

I'm sure North America has probably over 500 games released for PS3 but I honestly wonder if anyone can make a list of 100 good PS3 games... but good I guess I mean above average...no throwing in games that trophies hunters might get like Hannah Montana,,,
#57nelson5436Posted 1/11/2013 2:28:46 AM
killak posted...
Bit late for the uber judgemental post, when it comes to game owning.

It's not really about the game owning, we all have our money pit hobbies, I just don't understand why you need to own so many games to be a gamer. I've been gaming for a little over 20 years and have only owned/ held on to only a very small percentage of them.

If he collects games more power to him, but it doesn't make anyone less of a gamer because they don't have 100+ games.
---
PSN: nelson5436
#58killakPosted 1/11/2013 2:29:29 AM
ITT : Hoarding is a requirement to be a gamer.

There's a line between collecting and hoarding. Don't label collectors as hoarders.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#59TehTrumpCardPosted 1/11/2013 2:29:40 AM
Sorry I don't rush out and but every game off the shelf.

Does that trophy list net you anything in the real world by any chance?

If it does then I'll gladly get on being a "gamer" and having a PS3 library of 100+ games.

Honestly, there's not even 100 PS3 games worth owning, the same goes for any single console. Excluding PC for obvious reasons.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#60killakPosted 1/11/2013 2:30:31 AM
It's not really about the game owning, we all have our money pit hobbies, I just don't understand why you need to own so many games to be a gamer. I've been gaming for a little over 20 years and have only owned/ held on to only a very small percentage of them.

If he collects games more power to him, but it doesn't make anyone less of a gamer because they don't have 100+ games.

No it doesn't, and I don't agree with his idiotic ramblings.... you however got on your soapbox about those who spend money on the hobby and keep what they buy.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok