This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with less than 100 ps3 games isn't a gamer

#61oasisbeyondPosted 1/11/2013 2:31:20 AM
Why would I own inferior ps3 versions? I own 160 games this gen but 90% of them are on my 360 cuz they run like butter unlike the ps3 versions :(
#62DeezulPosted 1/11/2013 2:44:17 AM(edited)
Not counting any hd ps2 re-releases or any ps1/2 games i've gotten off PSN. Counting GTA4 and the Liberty City Stories disk as one game.. Counting Fallout:NV and the GOTY edition i picked up on the cheap as one game..

If i'm counting right i think i have 91 different ps3 games.

I still have 55 ps2 games.. also not counting any cross over.

15 psp games.

11 DS games.

32 ps1 games.

3 Atari 7800 Carts.

14 Atari 2600 Carts.

23 SNES Carts.

9 Xbox games.

4 N64 Carts.

A Handful of other stuff like GBA games.. but some of them are cross over.. like i have FF6 for both snes and gba.. and ff4 for the ds and the psp version.. heh.. makes counting weird.

thats it i think. Do i win?
#63nelson5436Posted 1/11/2013 2:46:35 AM
killak posted...
It's not really about the game owning, we all have our money pit hobbies, I just don't understand why you need to own so many games to be a gamer. I've been gaming for a little over 20 years and have only owned/ held on to only a very small percentage of them.

If he collects games more power to him, but it doesn't make anyone less of a gamer because they don't have 100+ games.

No it doesn't, and I don't agree with his idiotic ramblings.... you however got on your soapbox about those who spend money on the hobby and keep what they buy.

Sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't my intention to preach. Just to state why I, and many other grown gamers, don't own far too many games. Besides if I did want to preach it wouldn't be about spending habbits, it would be about how he ruins gaming for true hardcore gamers. By buying games that suck/rushed/annual installments it tells companies that we are ok with this type of game. But thats another subject...
---
PSN: nelson5436
#64ShinXaguraPosted 1/11/2013 2:53:36 AM
I got 8 games. Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Grandia, Grandia 2, Grandia 3,and Grandia Xtreme. I'm a DisgaeaGrandia Gamer.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#65killakPosted 1/11/2013 2:56:09 AM
Sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't my intention to preach. Just to state why I, and many other grown gamers, don't own far too many games. Besides if I did want to preach it wouldn't be about spending habbits, it would be about how he ruins gaming for true hardcore gamers. By buying games that suck/rushed/annual installments it tells companies that we are ok with this type of game. But thats another subject...

Yeah i'm with you. It's just that I own A LOT of games and systems, and I don't feel that i've wasted a cent.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#66Pawkie07Posted 1/11/2013 3:32:04 AM
killak posted...
ITT : Hoarding is a requirement to be a gamer.

There's a line between collecting and hoarding. Don't label collectors as hoarders.

Hoarders don't like being called Hoarders....but that's what "collectors" really are.
#67DeezulPosted 1/11/2013 3:49:24 AM
Pawkie07 posted...
Hoarders don't like being called Hoarders....but that's what "collectors" really are.

This is sometimes true. And sometimes the line blurs between them. However most collectors are pretty dedicated to their specific items of choice. They're kept generally clean and/or organized. Sometimes the collection will become sizeable and start taking over their space and their life. And sometimes it blurs into hoarding territory when their collection becomes something like their security blanket and they are incapable of parting with any of it.. yet they still take care of it.

Hoarders don't get rid of anything. They have no specific genre of collection. They get nearly anything. They keep everything. Old Newspapers. Trash. Everything. And they don't care about any of it beyond having it.

Most collectors.. even serious collectors with large amounts of items never hit the 'hoarding zone.'

Collecting is a hobby. Hoarding is a mental health and behavioral issue.

Don't be a jerk, yo.
#68SomnusNemorisPosted 1/11/2013 3:51:09 AM
killak posted...
If i was on 40K, i'd be spending alot more, and that's after Loan, mortgage, food, elec/mobile/gas/water bills, smokes, fuel, services and registration for the car.

40K is heaps.

Dude, WTF? You try to argue what "healthy" food is with me, all the while smoking them smokes? Not cool, man.
#69killakPosted 1/11/2013 5:28:41 AM
Dude, WTF? You try to argue what "healthy" food is with me, all the while smoking them smokes? Not cool, man.

To be fair, I don't smoke them for sustenance.
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#70Pereb27Posted 1/11/2013 5:32:44 AM
killak posted...
ITT : Hoarding is a requirement to be a gamer.

There's a line between collecting and hoarding. Don't label collectors as hoarders.

Protip : I'm as serious as TC is.