This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 won't play Dredd Blu-ray

#1Sonic2ShadowPosted 1/10/2013 9:25:08 PM
I have an 80GB PS3 (one released after MGS4 bundle), and my roommate just got Dredd today. The 2D and 3D version is supposed to be on the same disc. The back of the box states PS3 is a device that can play it, and we flipped the disc on both sides in case the 2D versions was on a different side (I know RED did DVD/Blu-Ray like this).

Is this something others have run into with this movie or is it just our copy?
---
"Pokemon aren't just things to collect and trade like toys or dolls, you're a monster!" - Misty, Pokemon 2000
#2Vs1991Posted 1/10/2013 9:27:20 PM
The movie is too nerdy for the PS3. Watch the Expendables instead
#3RyuuHou25Posted 1/10/2013 9:28:09 PM
Define "won't play"

Does it bring up the fact that a blu ray is in the PS3 on the XMB, does it show that it is the Dredd Blu Ray? Or does nothing at all happen when you put it in?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#4Sonic2Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:33:24 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Define "won't play"

Does it bring up the fact that a blu ray is in the PS3 on the XMB, does it show that it is the Dredd Blu Ray? Or does nothing at all happen when you put it in?

Nothing happens. It's as if the system senses nothing. Avengers Blu-Ray works just fine and currently watching a DVD on it while my roommate goes to exchange the disc. It might just be the disc, but I was curious if anyone else had this problem with the movie.
---
"Pokemon aren't just things to collect and trade like toys or dolls, you're a monster!" - Misty, Pokemon 2000
#5Lum_YatsuraPosted 1/10/2013 9:33:51 PM
Is the blu ray an imported version?
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#6SSTrunks1138Posted 1/10/2013 9:34:14 PM
@Sonic I have this same issue. I put Dredd in, waiting for the icon to show up in the xmb, then I hear it eject the disc.

I put in a couple of games, they worked fine, then LOTR Blu Ray, which also worked.

Maybe it's a fault within the disc itself then? I'm not sure but I want to find out.
---
PSN/Steam:SSTrunks1138
In Black Ops 2 you play as Frank Woods, unfrozen in the future to battle evil. -4/23/12
#7Sonic2Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:36:09 PM
Lum_Yatsura posted...
Is the blu ray an imported version?

it shouldn't be, got it at Best Buy (where I work), I haven't heard anyone coming in to return or exchange it at our store yet.
---
#8Rock Dash3XPosted 1/10/2013 9:38:00 PM
It could be compatibility issue. Sometimes movies won't run on PS3 (and other companies' players) at it's current state. Though rare it does happen from time to time. You may have to wait for an firmware update that will fix this.

So both sides aren't being read?
#9Sonic2Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:51:39 PM
Rock Dash3X posted...
It could be compatibility issue. Sometimes movies won't run on PS3 (and other companies' players) at it's current state. Though rare it does happen from time to time. You may have to wait for an firmware update that will fix this.

So both sides aren't being read?

Correct
---
#10archizzyPosted 1/10/2013 10:05:08 PM(edited)
Delete the BD cache for that movie. Then retry. Probably a hiccup with BD-Live. Quite common for many people on that particular issue. If you get it to load and it asks about BD-Live don't enable it.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton