This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions about Crysis before buying

#1BronxstaPosted 1/10/2013 10:21:47 PM
So I loved the second game (written by my favorite author, composed by my favorite composer, awesome set pieces, etc.)

But I have a few concerns/questions about the first game before I buy

1) Can you go prone? It's weird. I've read a bunch of reviews (Nowgamer and others) mentioning you can go prone and crawl, but forums seem to contradict

2) How's the stealth? Are there melee kills like the sequel? If you grab an enemy, can you kill them (neck snap, etc) or only throw them? Also does the AI react well to stealth tactics? (I'm a huge stealth genre fan)

3) Are there enemy patrols in the jungle or vehicles driving around or are the only enemies at your objective locations?

4) Are all the levels villages/compounds or do the environments get more complex?

5) Since the game's only a semi sandbox (a bunch of large maps rather than one big world), how much can you explore to flank or stalk? Are there invisible walls if you go to far?

6) Can you only dual wield pistols or can you use a single one?
#2Dark_SpiretPosted 1/10/2013 10:36:48 PM
1) I think you can? You can in the pc version, but i dont know 100% about the console versions.

2) theres no melee takedowns. to take them out you have to either headshot them, grab and throw, punch or throw something at them. the takedowns was something i really liked that they added, but then this is the first in the series so its only a natural progression. The AI can be wonky at times, but id say its solid in terms of AI behavior though Crysis Warhead id say had the best AI in the series.

3) There usually all over with patrols on paths and roads and small encampments in the jungles.

4) They get more complex, but also more linear in doing so.

5) The maps are a LOT larger than anything in 2(like 10x the size). Because of that it does open up a lot of random elements and strategy approaches with vehicles playing a bigger role. Atleast for the first 2/3rds of the game.

6) I believe you can use a single one as well.
#3zUkUuPosted 1/10/2013 10:38:09 PM
Crysis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crysis 2

Crysis 2 was a step back in every regard (even graphically). it's a disgrace. Tho, criysis' second half isn't as good as the first one.
#4Z2488Posted 1/11/2013 12:03:00 AM
The big draw to the first Crysis game is the relative openness of the levels through the first half to 2/3 of the game. It would never be mistaken for being open world but nearly every situation had many ways to approach it, making it one of the best shooters to replay. Personally I liked it better simply because of this, even if the sequel did add several nice things like the melee kills. The latter part is much more like the second game, except in the jungle.

Make sure you play Warhead afterwards, too.
---
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 670 - MSI Z68A-GD80 - Seasonic X 750W - GSkill 16GB - Crucial m4 128GB - NZXT Beta EVO
#5Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/11/2013 1:47:37 AM
Crysis 2 sucks compared to Crysis 1. I can't believe you haven't played the first one. I did enjoy the story and music a lot in Crysis 2. But the gameplay was pathetic compared to the first game. Approaching areas with whatever tactics you wanted was so much fun. I actually got tired of objectives and just drove a jeep straight to the next area past all the gunfire and I loved the freedom to be able to do that. You should just play it and enjoy it.
#6este914Posted 1/11/2013 5:43:09 AM
TC - forget about all of those questions you asked and PLAY IT!!! Crysis 1 is so much more better then Crysis 2 ... It's a must play. You will love it.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !