This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The thing I hate most about Japanese games, supperficial I'm sure, are the

#1SophisticationPosted 1/10/2013 11:44:14 PM
Graphics... No Japanese game ever has good graphics. But it's more than just polygons... It's the whole package -- It's the light engines, the shadows, the aliasing, the textures. It's potpourri, really.

All of it is just mediocre, making the entire game, whatever it may be, feel stale, old and boring. Nintendo is the only Japanese company to make really visually appealing games, but not because the graphics are so good -- rather because of the style they use and how colorful and vibrant most of them look. When a Japanese developer tries to make a realistic game we get MGS... Where the graphics look depressing.

The Japanese are best when they use their imagination and creativity... not real life inspiration.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#2zUkUuPosted 1/10/2013 11:45:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU
#3ShinXaguraPosted 1/10/2013 11:49:59 PM
I disagree. I do like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD and Disgaea 4 and D2 graphic.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#4Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:51:52 PM
ShinXagura posted...
I disagree. I do like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD and Disgaea 4 and D2 graphic.

None of those games have a realistic art style or graphics except D2 and it looks just like I noted above... If anything it makes my case for me.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:52:43 PM
zUkUu posted...

When I see it in real time, on a console, on my tv -- I'll believe it. I get the feeling when it launches the hair will look like sharp pieces of rock candy like all their games do.
---
#6ShinXaguraPosted 1/10/2013 11:57:01 PM
Sophistication posted...
ShinXagura posted...

None of those games have a realistic art style or graphics except D2 and it looks just like I noted above... If anything it makes my case for me.

Realistic Graphics are great but I just like Anime Graphics more.
---
#7kcypher2000Posted 1/10/2013 11:57:52 PM
I would argue the opposite. I think the Japanese still make amazingly beautiful games. Its story and character development that most japanese developers ignore now.
#8zUkUuPosted 1/10/2013 11:58:26 PM
Sophistication posted...
zUkUu posted...

When I see it in real time, on a console, on my tv -- I'll believe it. I get the feeling when it launches the hair will look like sharp pieces of rock candy like all their games do.

next gen.

also, it's an aesthetic choice. see FF 13, or Yakuza 5.
#9Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:58:39 PM
ShinXagura posted...
Sophistication posted...
ShinXagura posted...

And that's my point -- They're just not good at doing realistic graphics. They are bang up on the cartoony vibrant stuff. But they lose an edge when it comes to realism.
---
#10ShinXaguraPosted 1/11/2013 12:04:44 AM
Sophistication posted...
ShinXagura posted...
Sophistication posted...
ShinXagura posted...

And that's my point -- They're just not good at doing realistic graphics. They are bang up on the cartoony vibrant stuff. But they lose an edge when it comes to realism.

I agree but they are more focus with their own country then west
---