This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to get the free PS3 games onto my new PS3

#1ZacTBPosted 1/11/2013 8:43:09 AM
So we had a PS3 in my family that belonged to someone else and I had an account on there, after the PSN downtime thing I downloaded two free games I think it was InFamous and Dead Nation or something like that. When I got a new PS3 last year I made a new account and also added my old account from the other PS3 onto there to try and get those games onto this PS3, so I went into download history and they aren't there, but when I go into transaction history you can see that on 12/6/2011 I made a free purchase of 'Playstation 3 Free Games', but there isn't anything I can do with that on my new PS3. Does anyone know how I can get those two games onto my PS3, so I can use them on my new account? Thanks.
#2arclouks_xPosted 1/11/2013 8:48:20 AM
Yeah just look for them on the store, they shoud be free to download even if they're not on your download list.
---
PS3:arclouksx Vita JustArc_ -playing:Unit 13,Legend of dragoon,ff6,kz3mp.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#3ZacTB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:52:41 AM(edited)
For Dead Nation it just says 9.99 and when I add it to my cart it still says it is, I will check InFamous.

Edit: InFamous is 10.99, or free with Playstation Plus, is it because I don't have that? I remember getting a 30 day free trial when the PSN hacking thing happened.
#4arclouks_xPosted 1/11/2013 8:56:11 AM
ZacTB posted...
For Dead Nation it just says 9.99 and when I add it to my cart it still says it is, I will check InFamous.

Edit: InFamous is 10.99, or free with Playstation Plus, is it because I don't have that? I remember getting a 30 day free trial when the PSN hacking thing happened.

Dunno, infanmous isnt even free for ps plus, you're on a europeanaccount so someone else might be able to help you with that.
---
PS3:arclouksx Vita JustArc_ -playing:Unit 13,Legend of dragoon,ff6,kz3mp.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#5ZacTB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:57:03 AM
arclouks_x posted...
ZacTB posted...

Dunno, infanmous isnt even free for ps plus, you're on a europeanaccount so someone else might be able to help you with that.

Okay, thanks anyway for the suggestion.
#6ZacTB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:59:20 AM
Actually sorry InFamous isn't free for Playstation Plus, but there is a Full Game Trial that is free.
#7ZacTB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 9:17:16 AM
Sorry for the triple post but it looks like I would have to put the main account (it is the account of someone in my family) on my new console to download because that was the account where the games were bought. I don't really understand though, is there any other way I can do this without having to add that account onto my PS3?
#8riddlebox89Posted 1/11/2013 9:27:58 AM
ZacTB posted...
Sorry for the triple post but it looks like I would have to put the main account (it is the account of someone in my family) on my new console to download because that was the account where the games were bought. I don't really understand though, is there any other way I can do this without having to add that account onto my PS3?

Yeah, buy them yourself.

Other than that, no, if the free games were obtained through a certain account, then you have to have that account on your PS3 in order to download and play them.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#9vashtrichamPosted 1/11/2013 9:30:48 AM
ZacTB posted...

So you want to know if there is anyway to download the games that where bought on another account onto your new ps3 that has a different account.
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#10jubjub360Posted 1/11/2013 9:33:24 AM
vashtricham posted...
ZacTB posted...

So you want to know if there is anyway to download the games that where bought on another account onto your new ps3 that has a different account.

What I don't get is that he said he added the account that the games were tied to in the original post.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/Sophistocrat This man is a liar people. Just ignore him and move on
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg