This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who act like Capcom is evil are crazy/wrong.

#11jrr18Posted 1/11/2013 1:15:27 PM
jubjub360 posted...
mmpepsi posted...
jrr18 posted...
Your right we should boycot sony for starting online passes! Also Crapcom makes EA look like a saint.

Sony didn't start them.

Try again.

THQ was the one who started them

I apologize to sony then.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#12SayoriaPosted 1/11/2013 1:22:52 PM
Ever check out the 3DS Resident Evil game? One campaign and that is it. Can't re-do. That is far worse than online passes.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#13Devilman_AmonPosted 1/11/2013 1:24:00 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Seriously.

Guess which company has yet to start using Online Passes?

Exactly.

What exactly makes them so evil? On disc DLC? Do you people really think if it wasn't on the disc it would be free or something? Usually it's only thinks like alternate costumes anyway, so who cares.

EA
Capcom
Square-Enix
Activision

All bad this gen. Stop trying to pretend that people here only think Capcom is bad. Also Sega, Bamco and Konami are doing some disappointing things (Sega's lackof marketing, Konami's disregard of proper Silent Hill remastering and no Suikoden, and Bamco's lack of localizing certain titles)
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#14Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/11/2013 1:27:42 PM
Regardless of their foray into DLC, they are a very old company that is trying to adapt to the times much to pain of the pennyless. Honestly I have bought about $20 total DLC from them, a few costumes for Dead Rising 2 and OTR, Boss Rush Mode from Lost Planet 2, MvC2/UMVC3 costumes, and Arcade Edition for SSFIV. That's it and I'm a huge Capcom fan, but those were all very optional purchases that only added to an already complete game. I'm not obsessive with completion anymore because this gen it's too expensive to get an entire game $100-120 on average for a new game plus all DLC. The real enemies are Activision ($15 for 2-3 maps is insane!) or Electronic Arts (Thanks for no Mass Effect 3 on Steam). They are massive companies that other smaller companies like Capcom and Square Enix are only trying to keep up with.
#15Flare1721Posted 1/11/2013 1:47:31 PM
People say MP is just a tack on anyways. This way we no money is gonig towards the devs.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#16mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 1:48:43 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Seriously.

Guess which company has yet to start using Online Passes?

Exactly.

What exactly makes them so evil? On disc DLC? Do you people really think if it wasn't on the disc it would be free or something? Usually it's only thinks like alternate costumes anyway, so who cares.

EA
Capcom
Square-Enix
Activision

All bad this gen. Stop trying to pretend that people here only think Capcom is bad. Also Sega, Bamco and Konami are doing some disappointing things (Sega's lackof marketing, Konami's disregard of proper Silent Hill remastering and no Suikoden, and Bamco's lack of localizing certain titles)

People do act like Capcom is the worst though, and I don't get it. They do have a few games that have on disc DLC, but it's never anything that's important to the game. A few costumes aren't game changers. They don't hold back parts of the game and make you pay for it.

And what did Square Enix do now? Release a game you don't like? Get over it.
#17PhaseSlaethePosted 1/11/2013 1:50:08 PM
Capcom, among others, are definitely selling out this generation.

Not many of the companies named in this thread deserve much praise, or even white knighting (TC).
#18Skull_proPosted 1/11/2013 1:56:13 PM
shinmiroku posted...
There is no excuse for on disc dlc. but i do agree that the capcom hate is hilariously overblown.

Let me tell you something about on-disc DLC.

Some game don't have on disc DLC on ALL versions. One example: Gravity Rush on the Vita.

Gravity Rush was released a few months earlier in japan than it's NA counterpart. The japanesse had no on-card dlcs. HOWEVER, between the time the japanesse version was released and some time BEFORE the NA release, DLC were created. So the creators of the game decided to put the DLCs on the game card, while locking them until you pay for them. So you don't pay more than the japanesse people paid for the DLCs, BUT you save a LOT of space on your (quite frankly overpriced) memory card.

You may see on disc DLC as a rip off, but I see it as an opp˘rtunity to save space on DLCs... I'd rather pay $5 to unlock a DLCs, then having to pay the same ammount then having to download a 300 Mb DLC. For people who have smaller HDD/Memory card, these on-disc/card DLCs are lifesavers.
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#19Skull_proPosted 1/11/2013 1:58:09 PM
ShinXagura posted...
IMO, if you bought disc from retailer or online store then its your disc.

The actual disc IS yours. You are absolutely right. But the content of the disc isn't. THEY decide what you have access to.
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#20jammiesPosted 1/11/2013 2:00:04 PM
On-disc DLC > server based DLC. Much better delivery system.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx