This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass City Pulls Violent Games

#1RKOMe2011Posted 1/11/2013 1:51:19 PM
Anyone else think that this is becoming a similar deal, and it seems to becoming more and more.

I am not giving up my games or my movies for a crappy Gift Certificate or any similar deals and I will never ever give up or give my games away cause of all the BS around this is blaming Games for everything.

Look I been playing games for 20+ years not once have I went nuts, done something idiotic and you know what I dont even like guns in real life nor do I own a gun.

So BS on all the media and politicians claiming Games & Movies are causing the violence when in reality it is the people causing the violence not the games.

I wouldnt even hurt my dogs let alone do anything violent yet I play some of the most ultra violent games out there and I am a nice person so explain that you stupid media drones and useless politicians.

Look I dont smoke I dont drink and I have no tatoos so explain that I play violent games and I have for 20+ years yet I am a normal American who is normal as normal can be.

Games is my Hobby my down time my escape, no diffrence from collecting comics, Baseball cards or Transformer Action Figures I done as a kid now I do my movies & my games it is a hobby nothing more nothing less.

I am not addicted I can stop playing games anytime I want I just love playing my games violent games to action games to platformers but my faves are violent games. But I do enjoy other games besides the violent ones they just havent been making the right kind.

I play Mario, I play GTA, I play Mass Effect I play Pokemon to Yugioh I am not violent and Violence isnt caused by Movies or Videogames.

People cause violence and Guns kill people not the Gun. such as with Videogames it isnt the videogames it is the person behind the game playing that game.

So BS on all of this crap I am living proof Games & movies dosent make or cause people to be violent.

So BS on them trying to take away, censor or ban my violent movies & videogames
#2scorpionx9Posted 1/11/2013 1:53:04 PM
Good, once violent games are all gone we will truly have accomplished peace on earth.
---
Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll!
#3PhaseSlaethePosted 1/11/2013 1:53:18 PM
Perhaps not, but video games might have contributed to your overall lack of comprehension when it comes to how the English language is typed.
#4sunchipsboiPosted 1/11/2013 2:26:33 PM
You are contradicting yourself, if you dont want to blame video games then you shouldn't blame guns too. Your only adding to the situation by promoting liberal politicians to regulate everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Yee#2005
#5DragonXgbftPosted 1/11/2013 2:40:56 PM
That whole event was cancelled, actually.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121421-Connecticut-Town-Cancels-Videogame-Cull

Good. Now Connecticut won't embarrass themselves.
---
PSN:RYNOCIRATOR
#6Bat178Posted 1/11/2013 2:47:59 PM
DragonXgbft posted...
That whole event was cancelled, actually.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121421-Connecticut-Town-Cancels-Videogame-Cull

Good. Now Connecticut won't embarrass themselves.

He's talking about Massachusetts, which is now doing the same thing.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#7Devilman_AmonPosted 1/11/2013 2:48:47 PM
Also Metro City has pulled violent games.

If you are found playing violent games in Metro City, they call in Judge Dredd on you.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#8AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/11/2013 2:50:24 PM
Which city in MA?

Where's the link?
---
Now Playing:Touch My Katamari (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Dishonored (360), UMvC3 (Vita) Shadows of the Damned(PS3)
#9Bat178Posted 1/11/2013 2:51:00 PM
Here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/massachusetts-city-will-collect-violent-game
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#10BurgerTime79Posted 1/11/2013 3:00:31 PM(edited)
Nice 404'd link.

Considering I live in Mass myself, I'd love to go down there and get video of these <flames in foul language withheld>. I'm so sick and tired of video games being used as a scapegoat like this. Why don't they just burn all the books while they're at it too?

Edit: Ok, just looked this up.
They're removing 3 violent arcade games from a rest stop that's close to the MA/CT border. Way to make it sound like they were pulling violent games from the entire town TC.
Re-Edit: And another article says 9 games.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking