This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft game.

#11trollhunter2Posted 1/11/2013 4:44:06 PM
IdTheDestroyer posted...
Sony: Legend of Dragoon (really loved that game and still hoping for a sequel)
Microsoft: Halo (made me love shooters again like I did playing Goldeneye)
Nintendo: LoZ Wind Waker ( idk I just had more fun with this Zelda but OoT is a close second)

a ps4 sequel would be perfect
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#12CrystalKing5426Posted 1/11/2013 4:48:02 PM
hmmm, I thought SOTC was third party. Exclusive to PS2, but still third party, much like MGS.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#13JuanZolo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:58:05 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
hmmm, I thought SOTC was third party. Exclusive to PS2, but still third party, much like MGS.

It was published by Sony. Sony and Microsoft don't really develop any games, unlike Nintendo. Even Fable for instance was developed by lionhead and not Microsoft. Whereas MGS was published by kojima studios. Correct me if i'm wrong.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#14cirkmetroidPosted 1/11/2013 4:59:09 PM
Funny, while my answer for Nintendo is obvious to me (Super Metroid), I don't have answers to the other two.

Here's why it's funny....

I have not owned a Nintendo console since a few weeks after the first zelda game for the wii came out. I had bought a wii and that game, played it, sold the wii on craig's list for significantly more than I paid for it, and never had a real reason to play another wii game.

Microsoft, I've never owned an xbox or 360. I played a few xbox games that belonged to a former roommate, but at the time, this was the era of the "duke" controller and I really didn't like it.

I've never even PLAYED a 360. Sure, I know a bit about it, from reading here, and having friends talk about it, a friend of mine even works for the Microsoft store in Mall of America so I've gone in there and watched people having their fun, I just have never really felt the need. While I certainly have envy of some of the 360's features (custom music for EVERY game being chief among them) I just never really cared. Once a couple years of this non-experience was realized, it's a point of comedy for me that I enjoy. I compare it to the movie Titanic. For the longest time I was the only person who had not seen Titanic. Then I finally did. Watching that movie was a mistake, I would rather be able to have the joy of not having seen it, than to have.

You'd think with that paragraph that you would be able to describe me as some Sony zealot...Oh, but you'll be surprised:

As far as Sony goes, while Sony has been the only console I've owned ever since I had a Ps2 (I certainly tend to be a 1 console at a time person) I can't really think of a FIRST PARTY Sony game that I would be able to say is a favorite. This is partially because my zeal for video games has been declining in the last 10 years, but also that quite frankly, it's rather rare for me to even know, or care that a game is first party.

That makes me a "glory days" gamer I guess....I *want* to like video games, but it's rather difficult to do so anymore....I certainly spend more time researching video games than I do actually playing them.

Oh well!
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still refusing to give up hope of another Legacy of Kain game. Or at least an HD remake.
#15JuanZolo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 5:04:19 PM
cirkmetroid posted...
Funny, while my answer for Nintendo is obvious to me (Super Metroid), I don't have answers to the other two.

Here's why it's funny....

I have not owned a Nintendo console since a few weeks after the first zelda game for the wii came out. I had bought a wii and that game, played it, sold the wii on craig's list for significantly more than I paid for it, and never had a real reason to play another wii game.

Microsoft, I've never owned an xbox or 360. I played a few xbox games that belonged to a former roommate, but at the time, this was the era of the "duke" controller and I really didn't like it.

I've never even PLAYED a 360. Sure, I know a bit about it, from reading here, and having friends talk about it, a friend of mine even works for the Microsoft store in Mall of America so I've gone in there and watched people having their fun, I just have never really felt the need. While I certainly have envy of some of the 360's features (custom music for EVERY game being chief among them) I just never really cared. Once a couple years of this non-experience was realized, it's a point of comedy for me that I enjoy. I compare it to the movie Titanic. For the longest time I was the only person who had not seen Titanic. Then I finally did. Watching that movie was a mistake, I would rather be able to have the joy of not having seen it, than to have.

You'd think with that paragraph that you would be able to describe me as some Sony zealot...Oh, but you'll be surprised:

As far as Sony goes, while Sony has been the only console I've owned ever since I had a Ps2 (I certainly tend to be a 1 console at a time person) I can't really think of a FIRST PARTY Sony game that I would be able to say is a favorite. This is partially because my zeal for video games has been declining in the last 10 years, but also that quite frankly, it's rather rare for me to even know, or care that a game is first party.

That makes me a "glory days" gamer I guess....I *want* to like video games, but it's rather difficult to do so anymore....I certainly spend more time researching video games than I do actually playing them.

Oh well!

Thank you for your thoughts. Just wanted you to know that I read your post so you know you didn't waste your time writing it.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#16wstfldPosted 1/11/2013 5:32:08 PM
Nintendo: Mario 64
Sony: SOTC
MS: Halo CE
Sega: Virtua Fighter 2
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#17MotiJrPosted 1/11/2013 5:46:29 PM
Nintendo:Probably the last 3 console zeldas (Windwaker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword), Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario Thousand Year door. I miss my gamecube :( lol
Sony: TBH, I just do not enjoy any Sony first party games. Ummm, everything I think of is actually third party. Crash bandicoot 2??
Microsoft: I would say Fable 2. I really enjoyed it and enjoyed playing it with my friend.

I'll be the first to admit that I am a huge fan, not fanboy, of Nintendo. I love their ethos when it comes to games and although they have their flaws, such as mediocre online, although this has been greatly fixed with the Wii U, I know that with a Nintendo console/game, I will always have fun above anything else. The game can look mediocre and lack a story but I know that when I play it, I'm going to enjoy it.
When people attack Nintendo for games like New Super Mario Bros. U or zelda or Pokemon, I feel as if gaming has taken a bad turn and grown in a negative way. Before, graphics were important, but not a primary factor when deciding on a game. People love Tetris and yet, it's just block shapes. Nowadays, if the game isn't flashy it is disregarded and that is going to be detrimental to the gaming industry in the coming years. I personally think NSMBU looks great, even though it doesn't have all these graphical flourishes like other titles and I have had so much fun with the game that I haven't experienced with my Xbox in the past 2-3 years. For me, Nintendo games have this fun factor to them. They make games that make you laugh and smile while you play and I can honestly say I have rarely experienced that with any other company.
People will misunderstand what I'm trying to say but it's like this; I loved playing Skyrim, MGS HD etc. They are excellent games that are incredibly immersive but they all lack this spark of fun that Nintendo games deliver. Sure, this may be different for other people but for me, I rarely experience the same fun on other platforms, that I do on Nintendo systems.

That's my say on the matter anyway. I'm expecting the usual hate so all I can say is bring it on! I love the attention :P
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#18glory of power metalPosted 1/11/2013 5:52:23 PM
Sony: Spyro Trilogy
Microsoft: Halo
Nintendo: Pokemon
---
i7 Quad 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#19ramseanGoodbyePosted 1/11/2013 6:05:55 PM
For me Sony and Microsoft are easy picks. Nintendo is a real challenge because their are so many games that I really love.

Microsoft: Lost Odyssey

Sony: Journey

Nintendo:One of these really is too difficult to pick, they're all amazing for completely different reasons. Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem(GBA), Metroid Prime Trilogy, Zelda A link to the past, Sin and Punishment 2, Pokemon Soul Silver.
#20DoramiPosted 1/11/2013 6:11:10 PM
Microsoft: I think the only MS game I've even played is AoE2, which I disliked.
Nintendo: Zelda: A Link to the Past
Sony: Wild Arms 3
---
"You are an Earthman in whom a preference for the personal presence of an attractive woman is not psychotic." - R. Daneel Olivaw, The Naked Sun