This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni. Are you buying it?

#71Large_TonberryPosted 1/12/2013 4:29:33 AM
I was, but the demo really turned me off it.
#72king_maddenPosted 1/12/2013 12:47:30 PM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you.

A non-factor is anyone who isn't purchasing the game, so therefore it doesn't matter what they think. As usual people judge something based on looks without ever trying it themselves. It's too kiddy, it looks boring, it's not Final Fantasy, it's not Skyrim, etc.

It's Ni no Kuni.

is this your topic? you post in a public place then get upset of the people who respond to you. you post a link to show the combat then throw a hissy fit when people say something about it. another thing you said the guy didnt know how to play and didnt show too omuch, so why would that be the video you linked? you obviously thought it showed something cool, then back tracked when other said it didnt look great.

As I stated earlier, I was going to pick the game up, I just said the stuff you showed didnt look too appealing, a lot of people have tried the demo, and didnt like it, so since they tried it does that mean they can say negative stuff now?

im hoping its not like FF or skyrim I wasnt all that crazy about those games, but I like rpgs, not crazy about character designs in this game, but im starved for rpgs here.
#73diebuster2Posted 1/12/2013 9:11:55 PM
king_madden posted...
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you.

A non-factor is anyone who isn't purchasing the game, so therefore it doesn't matter what they think. As usual people judge something based on looks without ever trying it themselves. It's too kiddy, it looks boring, it's not Final Fantasy, it's not Skyrim, etc.

It's Ni no Kuni.

is this your topic? you post in a public place then get upset of the people who respond to you. you post a link to show the combat then throw a hissy fit when people say something about it. another thing you said the guy didnt know how to play and didnt show too omuch, so why would that be the video you linked? you obviously thought it showed something cool, then back tracked when other said it didnt look great.

As I stated earlier, I was going to pick the game up, I just said the stuff you showed didnt look too appealing, a lot of people have tried the demo, and didnt like it, so since they tried it does that mean they can say negative stuff now?

im hoping its not like FF or skyrim I wasnt all that crazy about those games, but I like rpgs, not crazy about character designs in this game, but im starved for rpgs here.

I feel the same way as you kingmadden. I too am starved for RPGS, particularly JRPGS and there's just little to nothing new or sophisticated that I've seen out of Ni no Kuni that makes it a day one buy. If anything, I will get the game when it's cheaper down the road considering my interest in Studio Ghibli and the beautiful visuals but the overall story and gameplay doesn't fancy me much. Would have much preferred something acking to Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa as far as storytelling goes.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.