This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started Final Fantasy 13... Where the F*** is the EXP and leveling up???

#1HellsingOrgPosted 1/12/2013 11:34:51 AM
So far liking everything.
but where is the exp and how to level up characters?
I noticed something was strange after a few battles and nothing happened.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 1/12/2013 11:37:43 AM(edited)
you have to wait a bit, this game is kindve long winded, its a 100 hour game (if you do everything) so once you get to a certain point they will allow you to add your experience towards leveling up. it will start out a bit linear. as time goes on however, you will be able to put experience into the different roles. grinding right now or as soon as you get it is kindve a waste of time id hold off until chapter 4 at the earliest if you want to do that.
#3KenauePosted 1/12/2013 11:35:40 AM
Chrystarium is how you level up your characters. Basically the Sphere Grid.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#4ZombieAkanePosted 1/12/2013 11:36:08 AM
They removed leveling and xp for more corridors and hallways.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#5kupo1705Posted 1/12/2013 11:36:29 AM
Play a bit longer.
#6cloud2556Posted 1/12/2013 11:43:02 AM
Kenaue posted...

This

It's basically a more visual appealing sphere grid
---
"Only fools believe in deterrence."
#7theofficefan99Posted 1/12/2013 11:45:19 AM
The first two chapters don't really have any gameplay (stupid design choice). Just wait until Chapter 3 and the gameplay will actually start. You level-up in this game using the Crystarium, a streamlined version of the Sphere Grid in Final Fantasy X.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8kupo1705Posted 1/12/2013 11:46:31 AM
cloud2556 posted...
Kenaue posted...

This

It's basically a more visual appealing sphere grid

With no freedom.
#9userfrigginamePosted 1/12/2013 11:58:51 AM
Hasn't Final Fantasy been doing this since X? The sphere grid for X, that checkerboard thing for XII, and now the Crystarium for XIII. I might be wrong, but disregarding the MMOs which I haven't played, there hasn't been an actually leveling up system since IX, and that was on the PS1. But anyway ya, Crystarium pts.= EXP.
#10kupo1705Posted 1/12/2013 12:00:33 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Hasn't Final Fantasy been doing this since X? The sphere grid for X, that checkerboard thing for XII, and now the Crystarium for XIII. I might be wrong, but disregarding the MMOs which I haven't played, there hasn't been an actually leveling up system since IX, and that was on the PS1. But anyway ya, Crystarium pts.= EXP.

While X didn't show levels, you did level up.
XII has regular levels.