This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me when it comes with any game series...

#1cheatermasterPosted 1/12/2013 12:15:46 PM
Is it me or do people start hating them for whatever reasons? Like with the Final Fantasy series, people don't seem to like the Final Fantasy series anymore. Like I think people hated FF12, and I know people really hated FF13. Then I notice people are starting to not like the Resident Evil series anymore. Like for some reason, people hated the fifth and sixth game. I think people don't like the Silent Hill series anymore, pretty sure it started with the fourth game.

Is it me or when it comes with a number of game series, do they start to get hated by people these days? I used to think game series like the Resident Evil series, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy and so on they were awesome. But now I swear people don't like them anymore. Maybe it's because of the sequels, I think people usually hate sequels anyways.
#2CallOfGoatyPosted 1/12/2013 12:16:44 PM
ok
#3RampantBlattPosted 1/12/2013 12:17:11 PM
We aren't hating for no reasons.

Those series you named have been changing for the worse.

Nobody is supposed to just accept that. Nobody hates sequels. They just hate poorly done sequels.
#4userfrigginamePosted 1/12/2013 12:23:21 PM
To me, the bigger a franchise get, the more it has a target on its back for criticism. Ur not gonna hear a lot of criticism for games that aren't well known. Same thing happens for a lot of other stuff including popular athletes, authors, musicians, voices, artists, and TV icons. Some of the hate may be valid, but IMO a lot of the time it's blown way out of proportion. I mean I don't like some of the popular games out there, but that doesn't stop the masses from loving it.
#5DefYouthPosted 1/12/2013 12:25:35 PM
They take a proven franchise and fix what isn't broke because they think the people playing COD are suddenly going to stop and switch games. That and apparently they want my mom to become a hardcore gamer all of a sudden which ain't happening. lol
---
I know that this is vitriol, no solution spleen-venting, but I feel better having screamed, don't you?
#6Sheria_KPosted 1/12/2013 12:26:49 PM
For quite a few people those series have simply gone downhill.

I personally think FF's stories have suffered since the Enix merger, Team Silent no longer continued to work on the SH series and it suffered, and Resident Evil simply had such a huge and drastic change with RE4 that I can't blame some of the older fans wondering where their beloved franchise went.
---
Currently Playing: Panzar Dragoon Saga, Gray Matter and Alone in the Dark 3.
#7cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 1:09:39 PM
Wow, kind of sad how some popular game series starts to get some hate. Do people just hate anything that's popular or something?
#8RampantBlattPosted 1/12/2013 1:11:21 PM
cheatermaster posted...
Wow, kind of sad how some popular game series starts to get some hate. Do people just hate anything that's popular or something?

Wow, kind of sad that you haven't READ a single thing in this topic.
#9agrissaPosted 1/12/2013 1:19:31 PM
People hate bad games. Makes sense to me!
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 7
#10RafedxPosted 1/12/2013 1:26:18 PM
cheatermaster posted...

Some games do get hate because of the name it carries, people who never played any game in a series will bash it for no real reason.

However the series you listed have all gone downhill for many of the core fans, that's the issue. If a game really sucks why should it be praised just because its in an established franchise?

I stopped caring about FF after FFX, I didn't like 12 (MMO doesn't really count IMO.) and I really didn't like 13 or 13-2, so why should I just buy something that really doesn't fit my taste in games anymore?

Same with RE6, while not a terrible game its a bad Resident Evil title, I still bought it, still beat it and I had fun with the Coop but the single player is just terribly boring.

I just don't understand why you would think its cool to keep buying and being okay with franchises slowly turning into something that most of us don't want, if you enjoy the new direction then great continue playing, but don't expect everyone to be happy with it, and don't assume we are all just haters.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.