This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Uncharted 2 and 3 are 9/10 to 10/10 games does that mean

#1TimeOfTheDarkPosted 1/12/2013 12:26:49 PM
Far Cry 3 is like a 15/10 since it's basically superior in EVERY SINGLE WAY?

10 Hours and you are pretty much done with UC games. 10 hours and you are just sinking your teeth into the start Far Cry 3's world.

Then after, you have the coop and multiplayer for FC3, and then on top of that, the map editor where you can make your own worlds/missions/etc.

The combat is so much better in FC3 as well. The story and villians in FC3 were better too.

Anyway, I brought this up before. They really need to make an open world uncharted instead of having it so linear.
#2RampantBlattPosted 1/12/2013 12:27:49 PM
No.

It is called opinion.

I had more fun with UC2/3 than I did with FC3.

So, your 15 should be more like 8.
#3Zeik_YamatoPosted 1/12/2013 12:29:19 PM
Uncharted's appeal is the linear, movie like experience, not every game has to be long winded open world boxes
---
PSN WingedChaos
http://zeiksanimereviews.wordpress.com/ -Currently Watching and Reviewing G Gundam/Macross 7 /Jojos Bizarre Adventure
#4656stoogePosted 1/12/2013 12:30:26 PM
FC3's story is so bad I'm thinking of making it the second game I've traded in this gen. I'll stick to Uncharted and FC2 thanks.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#5DaLaggaPosted 1/12/2013 12:32:44 PM
The problem with Uncharted is that it's just a tightly scripted flashy corridor shooter. It's fun for a rental, but the idea of spending $60 on such a linear game with no real replay value is absurd. In that case, FC3 completely destroys it. Story wise, both games are rather cheesy and mediocre. But in terms of gameplay and even graphics, FC3 is superior.
#6TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 12:38:37 PM(edited)
There are some real gems in Far Cry 3's story.

-Vaas (and some of the other villains)
-How Jason Brody goes from being this wimpy whiny spoiled brat college frat kid to slowly being built up into a somewhat insane warrior badass who runs around killing bears with a flamethrower and punching sharks.
- BLITZKRIEG
#7nicktheman1Posted 1/12/2013 12:42:36 PM
Dumb topic.
#8TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 12:44:40 PM
I also enjoyed the minor ruin exploration parts and climbing things in FC3 better than any Uncharted game. Made you think a little, but it wasn't completely over the type jump around 400000 times like a *****ing idiot things and cryptic nonsense puzzles.
#9656stoogePosted 1/12/2013 12:45:45 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
There are some real gems in Far Cry 3's story.
)
-How Jason Brody goes from being this wimpy whiny spoiled brat college frat kid to slowly being built up into a somewhat insane warrior badass who runs around killing bears with a flamethrower and punching sharks.

Unfortunately that transition takes all of ten minutes. I'm still using the first rifle I bought and I'm now on the second island and I'm no more efficient with it than I was when I started.
Plus Vaas is hardly in the game. After the intro you don't see him for hours.

Screw it. I'm trading it in for Spec Ops today.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#10TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 12:56:25 PM(edited)
Unfortunately that transition takes all of ten minutes. I'm still using the first rifle I bought and I'm now on the second island and I'm no more efficient with it than I was when I started.

Nope. There are skills that you can upgrade that make you better in combat, from things like faster weapon switching to faster reloads, to keeping your aim steady, etc. Way to try and spread ignorance and misinformation.

Vaas isn't in the game that much? Did you even play this game? He was heavily involved with the story. in about 90% of the story cutscenes in the game.

At the start you don't see him for hours? No ****, that's because you just spent an intense 20 minutes running away from him to escape and he's a badass pirate warlord who is ****ing nuts and had virtually an entire army at his command to kill you and you were some scared wimpy kid who almost died several times. Of course you didn't see him for a few hours after you escaped.