This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Uncharted 2 and 3 are 9/10 to 10/10 games does that mean

#11angry_cowtipperPosted 1/12/2013 12:01:31 PM(edited)
Far Cry 3 is not better in every single way, especially not graphically, or in framerate, or in storytelling, or in especially acting.

I also disagree about the combat. Moreso in Uncharted 2 vs Far Cry 3 than Uncharted 3. The gymnastic, explosive action in Uncharted 2 isn't like anything else I've played, and they have the best grenade system of any shooter this gen, IMO. I can put them precisely where I want them or casually toss one at my feet if I'm running from someone.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#12TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 11:59:17 AM
It was better graphically, look at the PC version. Problem is, it pushes PS3 to it's limits.
#13angry_cowtipperPosted 1/12/2013 12:12:39 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
It was better graphically, look at the PC version. Problem is, it pushes PS3 to it's limits.

I was comparing PS3 FC3 to the Uncharteds, which is really the standard you should be holding them to. Gameplay-wise, I'd still put Uncharted 2 above Far Cry 3 because of what I mentioned, but if you want to talk graphics in an open world shooter on a tropical island on PC with a lot of combat options, Crysis beats FC3. And I'm saying these things as a person who thinks Far Cry 3 is an awesome game.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#14AzureVergilPosted 1/12/2013 12:15:36 PM
Far Cry was never good to begin with...
#15PangLaPosted 1/12/2013 12:20:16 PM
What does that two have to do with each other...
#16RafedxPosted 1/12/2013 12:21:50 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
Far Cry 3 is like a 15/10 since it's basically superior in EVERY SINGLE WAY?

10 Hours and you are pretty much done with UC games. 10 hours and you are just sinking your teeth into the start Far Cry 3's world.

Then after, you have the coop and multiplayer for FC3, and then on top of that, the map editor where you can make your own worlds/missions/etc.

The combat is so much better in FC3 as well. The story and villians in FC3 were better too.

Anyway, I brought this up before. They really need to make an open world uncharted instead of having it so linear.

I don't see the point you are trying to make, FC3 and the Uncharted games are both really awesome for many different reasons. I play UC for the story and cinematic experience, I play FC3 because its fun.

I don't see why there needs to be a pissing contests for two different games that try to accomplish different tasks.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#17carib2gPosted 1/12/2013 12:26:56 PM
When the hell did the length of a game dictate how good a game is?!

This only really started this generation, and its a bunch of B.S....
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#18Zeik_YamatoPosted 1/12/2013 12:56:34 PM
When the hell did the length of a game dictate how good a game is?!

This only really started this generation, and its a bunch of B.S....

Remember when games rewarded you for finishing it quickly. like under 2 hours quickly?
---
PSN WingedChaos
http://zeiksanimereviews.wordpress.com/ -Currently Watching and Reviewing G Gundam/Macross 7 /Jojos Bizarre Adventure