This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What online shooter has a good community?

#1ozranPosted 1/12/2013 12:02:05 PM
I eventually wanna start playing an online shooter again and I was just wondering what game everyone thinks has a good community

I already know Call of Duty Black Ops II is full of a lot of morons
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#2RampantBlattPosted 1/12/2013 12:02:45 PM
>Shooter game
>online mode free of dudebros

You can't have both.
#3sean2995Posted 1/12/2013 12:06:39 PM
Living in america!

I haven't ran into a good community at all when it comes down to FPS. The only way to find good people is to have "real" friends you group up and play with. Sure my friends can be rude at times but they are not ignorant like most the groups we cross.
#4DeGamer81Posted 1/12/2013 12:07:42 PM
Only one that I could ever tolerate was Red Dead Redemption, but even then you had idiots on there. I don't know how active it is these days though. I haven't done online in that game in ages.
#5angry_cowtipperPosted 1/12/2013 12:10:05 PM
RampantBlatt posted...
>Shooter game
>online mode free of dudebros

You can't have both.

I think you can have that, with Team Fortress 2. I've played TF2 on PS3 and PC for almost six years now, and at one time, there was an all girl clan on PS3 (called themselves PMS, I thought that was funny). The game is still active, and probably will be until EA decides to shut down its servers.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#6PJB-11Posted 1/12/2013 12:10:46 PM
Not really sure what you're looking for but Uncharted 3 is very active and I've not experienced any problems. You can mute the few that do have a mic. Plenty of different game modes. I still go back every now and then.
---
Now Playing: AC3, Stranger's Wrath, Okami, UC3, ZOE HD.
#7antoinejonesPosted 1/12/2013 12:13:26 PM
lol you're not gonna find a shooter which is all about competitiveness, bragging, teabagging an dominating other players with a "good community" you want a good community play some online rpgs or online ANYTHING that isnt a shooter or strictly competitive focused
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#8DefYouthPosted 1/12/2013 12:14:37 PM
Define "good."
---
I know that this is vitriol, no solution spleen-venting, but I feel better having screamed, don't you?
#9ozran(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 12:23:02 PM
anyone else have suggestions? I am getting some good input so far
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#10wstfldPosted 1/12/2013 12:34:44 PM(edited)
SOCOM Confrontation was good. Haven't been on there in a while.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL