This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To put it simply. How does REMOTE PLAYwork?

#1Alias_NemesisPosted 1/12/2013 4:28:24 PM
....i know you can use your PSP/PSVita as a remote for your PS3 but can you play ANY PS3 game on your PSvita?

Like say if i wish to play Eternal Sonata (PS3) on my PSvita. Can i do so using the PS3?
---
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : Farcry 3 (PC), Professor Layton:Miracle Mask (3DS) & P4:G http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif]
#2RyuuHou25Posted 1/12/2013 4:33:49 PM
You can only play games that are compatible with said feature, which at the moment is nearly none. I believe there's one or two and that's about it.

The console plays the game and streams the information wirelessly to the Vita, and all button inputs are accordingly sent wirelessly to the system and blah blah blah.

It's basically streaming the game.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3_AverageGamerPosted 1/12/2013 4:35:38 PM
You can also play all PS1 classics through Remote Play, I'm unsure about PS2 classics.

One thing you'll notice is the terrible lag. If you really want to Remote Play a game, I suggest making sure it's a turn-based RPG with no QTEs or what-have-you. The lag can get pretty bad.
---
Dictated but not read,
_AverageGamer
#4DemonicDracoPosted 1/12/2013 4:59:18 PM
seems to be a pointless feature to me.
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#5tripZ504Posted 1/12/2013 5:01:56 PM
DemonicDraco posted...
seems to be a pointless feature to me.

Pretty well. So much you could do with the option. Wii u is getting right
---
YouTube - tripz504
#6RPG maniac87Posted 1/12/2013 5:04:16 PM
^ This. They were late to this gen, but their hardware isn't half bad. Now they just need some games.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#7Elements012894Posted 1/12/2013 5:33:42 PM
_AverageGamer posted...
You can also play all PS1 classics through Remote Play, I'm unsure about PS2 classics.

One thing you'll notice is the terrible lag. If you really want to Remote Play a game, I suggest making sure it's a turn-based RPG with no QTEs or what-have-you. The lag can get pretty bad.

On the vita at least it can be perfectly fine. God of War 2 is actually perfectly playable on the highest quality available.

Why only certain games can be remote played makes no sense since its all streamed but I expect those issues to be solved with the PS4 hopefully.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#8HwoarangExpert1Posted 1/12/2013 5:34:45 PM
_AverageGamer posted...

this

its great for playing PS1 turnbased RPGs
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#9este914Posted 1/12/2013 6:28:33 PM
It certainly needs some work but I dont see the integration getting better with the current setup. Lag when playing ruins it for me.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#10Alias_Nemesis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:10:51 AM
alright cool, thanks guys for helping me!

Seems like its kinda lame other than PS1 games.
---
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : Farcry 3 (PC), Professor Layton:Miracle Mask (3DS) & P4:G http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif]