This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

if game graphics ever got to such a point ...

#1private400Posted 1/12/2013 3:35:37 PM
that they can put this level of detail in game characters that it reaches the uncanny valley...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508061

will you still be able to shoot or stab somebody without feeling uneasy or straight up disgusted?

sure this will not be for tomorrow but still...
---
you don't really know a woman 'til you've had a strong drink and a fistfight with her. - nord wisdom from utgherd the unbroken
#2WarhawkPosted 1/12/2013 3:40:09 PM
If graphics made it to that level of detail, it may depend on the person if they'd be able to handle it really.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#3RampantBlattPosted 1/12/2013 3:40:45 PM
I'd quit gaming.

If I wanted real life graphics, I'd go outside.
#4RyuuHou25Posted 1/12/2013 3:44:47 PM
If it could look like that while in movement and what not, fluid, then by that point you'd pretty much have the capability to do VR, at which point I think the violence levels may end up having more of an impact on people, yes, and those that argue that vilolent video games actually have an impact on real life violence would finally have an argument *laughs*

I do definitely think at that point, they will probably end up having most violence be against robots or aliens, that you yourself personally do, or if it's against humans, it will be bloodless or what not and not realistic in the least. Like, you hit someone with a car, they die, but otherwise look fine.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5RPG maniac87Posted 1/12/2013 3:59:12 PM
I hope not. Less is more.
I want games to look better than reality.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#6i am pogo the monkeyPosted 1/12/2013 4:13:37 PM
lmao at the end of the day it's still you sitting with a controller in your hand starring at a screen. I'm sure 99% of us will be able to handle the violence just fine. Now if you're talking some crazy 2300 sci-fi virtual reality then that's different obviously.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#7archizzyPosted 1/12/2013 4:17:05 PM
Wouldn't impact me at all no matter how realistic it is since I know it is a game and I'm controlling it. The same way it doesn't bother me to watch hardcore murder scenes in movies because I know they are actors and not actually being murdered.

I have a strong sense of entertainment and reality and have for about 30 years. I don't see that changing out of the blue and not being able to distinguish between them.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#8Hucast9Posted 1/12/2013 4:23:54 PM
That's probably the best image that I have ever seen when it comes to knowing whether it's a real human or not. If someone hadn't told me, i'd think it's a human.
#9PhewfusPosted 1/12/2013 4:47:09 PM
Violent video games would be banned for sure.
#10private400(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:10:26 PM
bump
---
you don't really know a woman 'til you've had a strong drink and a fistfight with her. - nord wisdom from utgherd the unbroken