This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A list of ways Sony can screw up PS4 for everybody

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/12/2013 5:11:06 PM(edited)
-System is launched without PS3 compatibility. Only plays PS4 games.
-All PSN games are gradually rolled out, and not released day one, ensuring you must wait years upon years to play games you've already purchased, like the failing PS Vita.
-You're still stuck with the same username and no way to change it, and free online play with halfassed options (id rather pay yearly and get something as good as xbox live next gen, than deal with current gen PSN another cycle)
-Super high launch pricetag. this never works, sony should learn from their mistakes for once, instead of repeating the same mistake over and over with the vita, the ps3, and the psp. it hasnt worked those three times, why would it now? dumbasses.
-Launches with games nobody cares about, like heavenly sword or a poor port of ninja gaiden black that was worse than it was a generation ago.
-Pushes gimmicky controllers like the ps move again, nobody cares, thats for casuals.. if i want casual ill buy a Wii U or an iPad, dumbasses
-Doesnt play used games. They already patent this huge loss of money, so im wondering if theyll use it, or it was just for patent trolling in the distant future.
#2Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:14:53 PM(edited)
my list isnt that good so i encourage you to add to the list, i expect a very big list of potentially amusing things.

EDIT: anyone want to see the boomerang controller return? that thing looked so uncomfortable.
http://library.thinkquest.org/06aug/01856/media/PS3_boomerang_controller.jpg
#3northleafPosted 1/12/2013 5:13:03 PM
needs more ram
#4Mindwipe77Posted 1/12/2013 5:15:42 PM
-high price tag
-crappy,lazy ports compared to xbox 720
-the ps network continues to be barren with hardly any content
-it does not get alot of good jrpgs
-short console life(3-5 years)
-overheats easily
---
Now playing-Playstation all stars
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#5i am pogo the monkeyPosted 1/12/2013 5:18:01 PM
Short console life is #1 on my **** list. If Sony/Microsoft **** up this badly again I'll probably be done with gaming. I didn't have a working PS3 for about 9 months and didn't miss a beat. I'll be fine.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#6D E E G SPosted 1/12/2013 5:18:26 PM
The PSN network has quite a bit of content actually...
---
<Insert something witty here>
#7ExtremeLightPosted 1/12/2013 5:18:54 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
-System is launched without PS3 compatibility. Only plays PS4 games.
-All PSN games are gradually rolled out, and not released day one, ensuring you must wait years upon years to play games you've already purchased, like the failing PS Vita.
-You're still stuck with the same username and no way to change it, and free online play with halfassed options (id rather pay yearly and get something as good as xbox live next gen, than deal with current gen PSN another cycle)
-Super high launch pricetag. this never works, sony should learn from their mistakes for once, instead of repeating the same mistake over and over with the vita, the ps3, and the psp. it hasnt worked those three times, why would it now? dumbasses.
-Launches with games nobody cares about, like heavenly sword or a poor port of ninja gaiden black that was worse than it was a generation ago.
-Pushes gimmicky controllers like the ps move again, nobody cares, thats for casuals.. if i want casual ill buy a Wii U or an iPad, dumbasses
-Doesnt play used games. They already patent this huge loss of money, so im wondering if theyll use it, or it was just for patent trolling in the distant future.

-I disagree with a couple points: 1.) PSN isn't half-assed and 2.) They're not forcing you to buy it. Personally, I'm not gonna buy a whole new system just to use motion controller. I'll add.

If's:
-You're still stuck with the same number of friends. Seriously there are 7 billion people and I can only friends like 100 of them?
-Devs keep thinking graphics will sucker anyone into buying their games.
-Devs thinking that DLC is a great way to make profit and yet it pisses people out.
-Random words are still "***" on PSN chat rooms and PS home.
-They don't make a new Ps home.
-No flashing red light of Death or a yellow light of death.
-The ps4 look like the PS3 or PS2.
-No better internet.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#8SophisticationPosted 1/12/2013 6:09:29 PM
I can almost 100% assure you that the PSN games won't be playable upon release, but added over time -- just like vita. That is exactly what will happen.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#9shawnmckPosted 1/12/2013 6:15:15 PM
There is good reason to believe that the PS4 will NOT be backward-compatible.

The PS4 is using off the shelf technology, which means that they have to do emulation in order to play PS3 games, because they use Cell technology.
There are rumors that Sony does NOT want to invest the time and money to do that.
#10Lelouch71Posted 1/12/2013 7:53:30 PM
-$600+ at launch
-Not being able to play used games
-Make every PSN user pay a high subscription fee
-The dreaded DRE returns in full force
-Sony pissing off the third party developers
-No BC for any PS1, PS2, and PS3 games
-Make games sell for $70+

That would automatically turn me off.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"