This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay. So why are we not collectively mad about this? (PS3 Bckwrd comp.)

#31smurphyzekePosted 1/12/2013 9:38:11 PM
Seems like this is the generation with the most new gamers, who only want Call of Duty. I doubt they would care for older games, sadly.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: smurphyzeke 0517-0905-4905
#32Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/12/2013 9:39:02 PM
U1gitarooman posted...
Okay, first gen PS3s come out, have hardware BC and are awesome.

Second Gen Ps3s come out, have software BC, and are slightly less awesome.

Third+ Gen PS3s come out and do NOT have any BC.

So the second generations have SOFTWARE BC, I.E. no other parts than what was produced later... and yet they take it away. But this isn't the part I'm mad about.

A few years later they begin re-selling PS2 games back to us! And the internet collectively doesn't care. This kinda boggles my mind. It's one thing to take it out (which I still don't see why) but it's an entirely different thing to then start selling the games that you don't really have any other option for playing on that system anymore. It's clear the system CAN play it...so why can't I put my disc in and play it?

ANY WHY AREN'T PEOPLE MAD ABOUT THIS!?

1) Third+ Gen PS3s do have BC. PS1 BC. So no, they do not have "no" BC.
2) I can play my PS2 games fine on my PS2. When you bought a Third+ Gen PS3 you didn't pay for PS2 BC.
3) I wish they made PS2 BC though.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#33Vs1991Posted 1/12/2013 9:40:50 PM
I like HD collections. I love that they make the game widescreen
#34ShineboxerPosted 1/12/2013 9:42:53 PM
Sony takes away other OS option, BC and people here only get mad when a cosmetic change occurs to PSN. subseguently when PSN goes down(being Sony's fault) people say Sony is the victim.

People couldn't bah any louder around here.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#35Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/12/2013 9:48:13 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Sony takes away other OS option, BC and people here only get mad when a cosmetic change occurs to PSN. subseguently when PSN goes down(being Sony's fault) people say Sony is the victim.

Only OtherOS.
They never took away my (or anyone else's) BC.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#36DefYouthPosted 1/12/2013 9:54:23 PM
mmpepsi posted...
DefYouth posted...
I don't like it but what are we supposed to do? Write a letter to our congressman?

Yes, do that.

That'll learn $ony.

Dear congressman, some people don't get sarcasm.

Sincerely yours,
DefYouth
---
I know that this is vitriol, no solution spleen-venting, but I feel better having screamed, don't you?
#37ShineboxerPosted 1/12/2013 9:54:45 PM
Shineboxer posted...

Only OtherOS.

Don't care for semantics.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#38jrr18Posted 1/12/2013 9:57:32 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Shineboxer posted...

Only OtherOS.

Don't care for semantics.

You have to admit the new store has a awful interface.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#39Dark_EpathyPosted 1/12/2013 10:00:29 PM
There are actually a lot of people disappointed with the removal of PS2 backwards-compatibility. But this has been a reality for a few years now, and we've come to terms with it.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#40SandOnMyBootPosted 1/12/2013 10:01:39 PM
I am kinda POed about it, but it doesn't really bother me since I still have a working launch PS3 and I do play through my PS2 games on it, except for certain games. When I was playing Persona 4 on my PS3 sometimes after saving it would randomly delete the data. I had multiple saves so I only lost 3 hours, but I made sure to play Persona 3 on my PS2.