This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay. So why are we not collectively mad about this? (PS3 Bckwrd comp.)

#41tworow2Posted 1/12/2013 11:02:07 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Sony takes away other OS option, BC and people here only get mad when a cosmetic change occurs to PSN. subseguently when PSN goes down(being Sony's fault) people say Sony is the victim.

People couldn't bah any louder around here.

Only OtherOS.
They never took away my (or anyone else's) BC.

Don't care for semantics.

Apparently not, since you used it wrong.
#42ShineboxerPosted 1/12/2013 11:06:52 PM
Shineboxer posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Sony takes away other OS option, BC and people here only get mad when a cosmetic change occurs to PSN. subseguently when PSN goes down(being Sony's fault) people say Sony is the victim.

People couldn't bah any louder around here.

Only OtherOS.
They never took away my (or anyone else's) BC.

Don't care for semantics.

Apparently not, since you used it wrong.

No, I didn't, now go bore someone else.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#43NicodimusPosted 1/12/2013 11:07:15 PM
It would have been much better if Sony had never made the PS3 B/C in the first place, then to give us a taste of the advantages for a couple of years (smoother graphics, HDMI output, unlimited memory card space, wireless controllers, and one less system hooked up with all the extra wires) and then take it away like it did. It was one giant c*** tease. If it was never available, we wouldn't know what we were missing.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#44THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/12/2013 11:10:33 PM
Not mad because mines still plays PS2 games....and I got a PS2 on standby.

If you want it bad enough you can still get a BC PS3. However a new BC PS3 is gonna break the bank....like $600-800 on average.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#45Jinzo 111887Posted 1/12/2013 11:13:51 PM(edited)
This wouldn't be as big of an issue if it were legal to download PS2 bios needed to run a PS2 emulator on a pc. Who was it who decided to sue and make it illegal to get the bios, again? Oh wait, it was Sony. Anyway, I wonder if hackers will hack PS2 support back in since they are now hacking on 4.0+ firmware. (Hey, just because are known for causing trouble doesn't mean they can't do something good every now and then.) This gen, Sony's only been good at PSN, and that's not something anyone would want to be good at if you think about it long enough.
---
At least Nintendo and Good Old Games are treating customers right instead of taking them for granted. They provide light during dark times.
#46zUkUuPosted 1/12/2013 11:12:58 PM
I have a first gen ps3 and could not care less.

that said, there are other means of playing ps2 games, far superior ones.
#47GreenKnight127Posted 1/12/2013 11:18:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48Pereb27Posted 1/12/2013 11:27:20 PM
Thamauturge posted...
No, it is (PS2 Classics prove it). The only problem is that the emulator would have to be coded for each specific game, and thats something that Sony probably wouldn't want to invest the time into.

Only partially true.
All PS2 classics use the same emulator, the only difference is they use a profile (which is in a nutshell just a config file for the emulator).
Not all games need a profile to run, profiles are only here to help with games that don't work properly with the default settings. However the emulator still has to be capable to run the majority of PS2 games without profiles. A profile won't make a poorly coded emulator that can only run a handful of games properly, magically run any profiled game fine.

THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Not mad because mines still plays PS2 games....and I got a PS2 on standby.

If you want it bad enough you can still get a BC PS3. However a new BC PS3 is gonna break the bank....like $600-800 on average.

more like $2000 (yeah, new sealed ones sell for around that on eBay).
#49DjungelurbanPosted 1/12/2013 11:28:20 PM
PS2 emulation for PC exists, works well and has save states... That's why I don't really care...
---
Nominate B.B. Hood for CB IX http://miniurl.org/ntI
#50killakPosted 1/12/2013 11:29:59 PM
i'm not mad. I have a BC PS3
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta