This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay. So why are we not collectively mad about this? (PS3 Bckwrd comp.)

#61XImperialDragonPosted 1/13/2013 1:27:20 AM
I'm still disappointed by it, but I've been playing my PS2 games on my PC, instead (which is probably not what everyone else has the option of doing).

Xenosaga Episode III and Persona 4 in 4x native resolution with 8x antialiasing (my GTX 295 can't handle more than that. =/)? Yes please.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#62PsychoWolfXPosted 1/13/2013 1:35:36 AM
I was really mad about it years ago. Still am whenever someone brings it up. Luckily PS2's are still pretty cheap and abundant
#63Thor61Posted 1/13/2013 1:40:18 AM
If the PS3 had backwards compatibility I'd order tons of PS2 games online. The PS2 classics on PSN do the PS2 library no justice. It's only a very small fraction of what the PS2 had. But it's not like it matters that much, I'll save money and find other ways to play.
#64TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 2:01:21 AM
People were and are mad about it.

There must have been some board room meeting with shareholders that basically dictated that they can be more profitable with removing it and then using little resources to repackage their best PS2 games in HD and make mad profits off that.

On the plus side, it really did make those old PS2 classics that people were trying to make a fortune off on eBay more worthless when you can get a better experience for cheaper.

I think they should have BC AND still do HD releases.. I would like to play my old PS2 games on PS3 and I would still like to experience my favourites in HD and have two copies too, so I don't know. I might be in the minority with that, though.

Bottom line, Sony cheaped out. And who can blame them, this gen was super expensive for them. Thank god Bluray is paying off or they would be gone the way of Sega as far as videogames are concerned.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#65Code_YukiPosted 1/13/2013 2:19:20 AM
I currently have my eyes on PS4 and pretty much nothing else but if it fails to deliver BC even as a cheap external device, I'm pretty much going to put it off and purchase the console that does have it. Since I've already invested in Wii, Wii U would be my next choice. It'll be a pity since I like what Sony offers in terms of games.
---
Owns:N64,PS1,DC,GC,PS2,GB,DSlite,PSP,Wii,PS3,PC.
Favourite Games 2012 :Sleeping Dogs, Fall of Samurai.
#66hamtierPosted 1/13/2013 3:18:55 AM
most still are mad(as evident in this topic replies) but you deal with it.
besides i'm just happy the console itself is more affordable with it removed. i've had almost no aquintance or friend have a PS3 til later,when the compatibility was removed and made the console more affordable.besides the one's that did have it earlier,complain about having some graphical issues when using the Backward Compatibility.
as far as the HD remakes go:PS2 graphics are really dated and this is painfully so on HD screens.
---
if you can read this,you are able to read english.*claps*
#67CBratePosted 1/13/2013 3:19:22 AM
Because I haven't played a PS2 game since I moved house one and a half years ago and I still have my PS2 for the eventuality that I do.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie
#68U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:36:25 AM
^^ Yeah, I didn't expect NEARLY this response when I posted it last night.

I don't actually have any problem at all with "HD Remakes." At least they are doing SOMETHING to it to make them more appealing. I'm talking about straight-up, no extras, plain-jane Ps2 games for download. Like Odin Sphere (A game I would had BEGGED for an HD upscaling, considering the devs said all their art could had easily been made into HD) or Disgaea 2.

I'm glad to hear I evidently missed the outrage but at least it was there.
---
Listen to me. I'm a sage!
#69indigna7ionPosted 1/13/2013 8:38:19 AM
_AverageGamer posted...
U1gitarooman posted...
ANY WHY AREN'T PEOPLE MAD ABOUT THIS!?

Everyone was mad.

Sony didn't care too much.

We got over it.

(A *fixed* haiku, by _AverageGamer)
#70ExtremeLightPosted 1/13/2013 8:42:17 AM
I'm mad. Heck I have all these ps2 games just sitting here. I don't want to use my ps2 cause eventually I'll need to take the ps3 to college.Even then not all ps2 titles would be on psn and I don't want to waste money on something i already have.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!