This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

6 years later, do u see 12 as one of the best FF?

#1ExtremeLightPosted 1/13/2013 9:15:39 AM
Topic - Results (435 votes)
Yea
27.59% (120 votes)
No, how is it one of the best??
14.71% (64 votes)
Lol nope.
30.57% (133 votes)
Close, but no cigar
8.74% (38 votes)
I think it is worse then XIII
11.03% (48 votes)
Not sure
5.75% (25 votes)
Other (post below)
1.61% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#2kupo1705Posted 1/13/2013 9:16:16 AM
Obviously.
#3RampantBlattPosted 1/13/2013 9:16:45 AM
9 and 12 are going to remain the best of FF for basically eternity given how SE is going now.
#4MrFailPosted 1/13/2013 9:38:48 AM
To each his own etcetc but 12 veered off the stereotypical FF way things work. I think, for the worst. In fact, I found it to be disappointing in every way.

I could not connect with any characters.
I didn't like the era they lived in.
The story was boring.
The battle system was a travesty if you expected the tried and true turn based FF.
Despite playing through 95% of the game no music stands out in my brain.
Quickening was cheap and trivialized content.
#5ThamauturgePosted 1/13/2013 9:40:05 AM
Yes. The gameplay was the best the main series has to offer. Interesting story, even if it wasn't the best, and a great soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto make it my favorite main Final Fantasy game.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#6PsychoWolfXPosted 1/13/2013 9:42:31 AM
Played it for maybe a hour, took it to school the next day and traded it for some kids Mac n cheese.
I kind of regret it now. It couldn't have been any worse then XIII and I managed to play through that.
#7RayconPosted 1/13/2013 9:46:10 AM
Good GOD no.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#8KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/13/2013 9:46:53 AM
I'm a huge FF fan and I thought FFXII was one if the worst games by far. The only main FF since IV that I haven't finished...
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#9funguy2233Posted 1/13/2013 9:47:20 AM
To each his own etcetc but 12 veered off the stereotypical FF way things work. I think, for the worst. In fact, I found it to be disappointing in every way.

The story was boring.
The battle system was a travesty if you expected the tried and true turn based FF.

The fact that it veered off the formula is the reason I like it so much. FF was becoming boring since it was always the same thing. The music all sounded the same, the characters were all just rehashes of each other. Its like I was playing the same game over and over with a new coat of paint. Honestly, I was sick of it.

Then 12 comes along and it changes everything and it felt so fresh. The world is so alive that it puts the other games to shame, the music is very different but fits the world and I really liked the combat.

Most importantly FF12 got rid of the stereotypical FF love story and threw in a story that I enjoyed as an adult. The political story is probably hated by the younger generation but older gamers can enjoy it. And I was very happy with Ashe being a strong character instead of the helpless princess type of character they always have.

I can only hope they create another FF in the future that is as good as FF12.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfH-uTQbxCk
#10RafedxPosted 1/13/2013 9:48:08 AM
MrFail posted...

The story was boring.

You have very similar issues with the game that I had. I still bought the CE edition and its still apart of my collection but I could not for the life of me get into it. I tried, I really did but I just didn't like ANY of the characters and I really didn't like the battle system.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.