This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

6 years later, do u see 12 as one of the best FF?

#51ZurrurPosted 1/13/2013 2:03:03 PM
XII is the worst Final Fantasy game after XIV
#52zUkUuPosted 1/13/2013 2:09:19 PM(edited)
I replay it at the moment. in my books it's the second worst FF, but that might change in the course of the replay.

God, I still hate Vaan >_>
#53DaggeraxePosted 1/13/2013 2:18:05 PM(edited)
It's nowhere near the best, but nowhere near as bad as people say it is. The story is weak, but at least it pushed the series forward in certain aspects of gameplay, unlike Final Fantasy XIII which felt like a massive step down in most areas.
#54aya valentinePosted 1/13/2013 2:08:05 PM
I don't know why everyone hates a game simply because of one aspect. For those that hated the story, the characters, and the gameplay... fine. You hated the game, and I respect that. But for the others, the entire game can't possibly be completely ruined by one aspect, can it? Or can people just not get over one thing?

I enjoyed FFXII immensely. I didn't much care for some of the characters [Vaan being one, yes] but others were all right I suppose, and I enjoyed the gameplay quite a bit. Yes, the MMO feel was jarring for others, but I myself wasn't heavily invested in the game series before X and X-2. I went back to play VII, which I didn't like much, and XII came along and made me enjoy the games again. I played through III on the DS and semi-enjoyed it, too.

I suppose you can dismiss my opinion as invalid because I haven't played all the games in the series, or I didn't like VII, or I'm not diehard or whatever. But the truth is, if FFXII hadn't had the FF moniker on it, would you have complained as much? Doubtful. But because they changed the precious gameplay of previous versions, it suddenly sucks... I can get not liking it for the characters and the story [which I have to admit I didn't like much, just because I hold no love for politics] but...
---
Character: Remidi-Fen Marle, HUnewearl, Lvl. 27, sister of the deceased Tiara-Fen Mei, HUnewearl, Lvl. 37
#55theofficefan99Posted 1/13/2013 2:14:08 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
Wth officefan. EVERY games have flaws.The only "legitimate" flaws was the character development. Everything else is based on actions or opinions.

Of course, ExtremeLight's only defense is "ITZ JUST UR OPINION!!!!1111!!!1"

Either put more effort into your arguments against me or don't even bother.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#56theofficefan99Posted 1/13/2013 2:13:43 PM
aya valentine posted...
I don't know why everyone hates a game simply because of one aspect. For those that hated the story, the characters, and the gameplay... fine. You hated the game, and I respect that. But for the others, the entire game can't possibly be completely ruined by one aspect, can it? Or can people just not get over one thing?

I enjoyed FFXII immensely. I didn't much care for some of the characters [Vaan being one, yes] but others were all right I suppose, and I enjoyed the gameplay quite a bit. Yes, the MMO feel was jarring for others, but I myself wasn't heavily invested in the game series before X and X-2. I went back to play VII, which I didn't like much, and XII came along and made me enjoy the games again. I played through III on the DS and semi-enjoyed it, too.

I suppose you can dismiss my opinion as invalid because I haven't played all the games in the series, or I didn't like VII, or I'm not diehard or whatever. But the truth is, if FFXII hadn't had the FF moniker on it, would you have complained as much? Doubtful. But because they changed the precious gameplay of previous versions, it suddenly sucks... I can get not liking it for the characters and the story [which I have to admit I didn't like much, just because I hold no love for politics] but...

You completely ignored my posts, it seems.

And I don't hate it. I just think it's one of the weakest entries in the series, if not the weakest.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#57OrangeSchweesePosted 1/13/2013 2:16:58 PM
No, I still haven't finished it, actually. lol

It's not horrible or anything, but if you've played any decent MMO you'd see where I'm coming from.
#58Rob_the_NinjaPosted 1/13/2013 2:20:49 PM
No, I remember I had stopped playing it because I thought the license board was the dumbest thing in a FF game ever....Atleast it was until XIII came along.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#59DocDeliciousPosted 1/13/2013 2:22:56 PM
No. But it's up there I guess.
VI>IX>IV>III>V>VIII>II>I>XII>XIII-2>VII>X-2>X>XIII
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Vanquish, Retro City Rampage, Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross, Quantum Conundrum, Catherine
PSN: DocDelicious
#60ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:23:44 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Wth officefan. EVERY games have flaws.The only "legitimate" flaws was the character development. Everything else is based on actions or opinions.

Of course, ExtremeLight's only defense is "ITZ JUST UR OPINION!!!!1111!!!1"

Either put more effort into your arguments against me or don't even bother.

Why would I need the effort to debunked your opinions if I can't really change them.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!