This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are 10-13 year olds playing CoD online?

#11GameRelatedSigPosted 1/13/2013 3:47:43 PM
CoD exemplifies the modern gaming trend of hand-holding. It's made to be simplistic to play so as to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. The trade-off is that if you have a game that's easy enough for a child to play, a child will play it. And as long as we keep making sure every new CoD game is the highest selling ever, the makers will assume that it's what we want.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds.
#12gucciburrrPosted 1/13/2013 3:50:57 PM
The good ol' " CoD is for kids and hold hands" argument from people who are more than likely terrible at it. Never fails..
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#13ExtremeLightPosted 1/13/2013 3:53:13 PM
Why not? I mean let's be honest, did most of us really not played M games as 17-
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#14SoaringDivePosted 1/13/2013 4:02:21 PM(edited)
gucciburrr posted...
The good ol' " CoD is for kids and hold hands" argument from people who are more than likely terrible at it. Never fails..

We're all sorry that you like games designed for children (we all like games not aimed for adults, it's fine), and think that your "skill" in video games is an actual quality worth anything. Meanwhile, we'll continue to actually discuss design rather than being insecure about video games, like you seem to be.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#15Crimson681Posted 1/13/2013 4:04:43 PM
There is a reason I quit playing FPS games.
#16BoosterBurstPosted 1/13/2013 4:04:57 PM
I am very glad that I am not 8 years old, so I do not like trash like this.
#17h12456208Posted 1/13/2013 4:12:51 PM
This is why I do not play online much anymore. the 13 year old, screaming, foul mouthed, racist, spoiled little brats have ruined it
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#18spectermaster14Posted 1/13/2013 4:22:26 PM
(EDIT: "Streaks" promote camping. The developers/publisher (more likely Activision's choice) know that most 5 year olds don't have very much ability to play games yet, so they design the game so that you can win by not actually playing it. You're punished for actually playing the game, and rewarded for sitting in the corner.)

Do you actually know what a score streak is? Kill streaks promoted camping, yes, but score streaks act as a reward for playing toward the objective rather than random killing in modes that don't call for it. The people who despise this series so strongly seem to know next to nothing about it, and that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't blatant willful ignorance.

On topic, it's the same reason you and I played MK and DOOM at that age... Deny it if you want, but you had to have stumbled across some violent game and loved it growing up. The difference is, we didn't have obsessive adults who shared no relation to us beyond our hobby breathing down our necks and shouting about how we're killing the industry they hold dear until they were blue in the face.
#19DarkivePosted 1/13/2013 4:25:40 PM
Madridiq8e posted...
you can the same thing about GTA games

um no. the GTA franchise is way above the CoD crap.

GTA is for armchair assailants, couch criminals and sofa sadists.
CoD is for kids who want to feel like theyre cool.
---
Silent Hill's Darkest
#20ExtremeLightPosted 1/13/2013 4:27:49 PM
h12456208 posted...
This is why I do not play online much anymore. the 13 year old, screaming, foul mouthed, racist, spoiled little brats have ruined it

One button and muted.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!