This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are 10-13 year olds playing CoD online?

#101DesulatedPosted 1/13/2013 11:41:30 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Desulated posted...
Because it's a FPS tailored for idiots that need to be spoonfed with information on how to play, and that's what the majority of CoD players are-10 year old kids.

Lazy parents that want a babysitter for only 60 dollars can also be the cause.

I think people who say stuff like this are just salty about being bad at CoD.

....and what does being good at that game exactly exemplify? It takes NO skill to play the game at all, hence why all the little kiddies are playing. Give them something like Quake 3 Arena and they'll ragequit before the game even hits 1 minute.

I can simply get a gun with the best hipfire aim and even without knowing the controls, I can get a decent K/D against other players that have at least an idea on how the control works.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is a gimmick for amateurs.
#102spectermaster14Posted 1/13/2013 11:47:57 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Desulated posted...
Because it's a FPS tailored for idiots that need to be spoonfed with information on how to play, and that's what the majority of CoD players are-10 year old kids.

....and what does being good at that game exactly exemplify? It takes NO skill to play the game at all, hence why all the little kiddies are playing. Give them something like Quake 3 Arena and they'll ragequit before the game even hits 1 minute.

I can simply get a gun with the best hipfire aim and even without knowing the controls, I can get a decent K/D against other players that have at least an idea on how the control works.

By this logic, this kid should be inherently better than this guy because he's using a powerful gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnslBhmR7Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Cry about it if you want, but the skill that lies in every FPS - CoD included - comes from map memorization, learning what weapons and perks (in CoD's case) work well together, etc, etc. CoD is no different, as much as you'd like to think so.
#103OrangeSchweesePosted 1/13/2013 11:52:16 PM
Desulated posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...
Desulated posted...

So what's the problem? Go play Tribes Ascend or whatever and leave the "philistines" to their crappy game.
#104Cpt_Pineapple(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:17:23 PM
bump
---
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8655/trolololqb.jpg
#105jubjub360Posted 1/14/2013 8:18:06 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...
Desulated posted...

By this logic, this kid should be inherently better than this guy because he's using a powerful gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnslBhmR7Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Cry about it if you want, but the skill that lies in every FPS - CoD included - comes from map memorization, learning what weapons and perks (in CoD's case) work well together, etc, etc. CoD is no different, as much as you'd like to think so.

Strategy is always a helpful skill.
#106DavCubePosted 1/14/2013 9:32:14 PM

What does that even mean?

The game's campaign literally tells you every objective you have to accomplish and 90% of the time, you're following some NPC ordering you around like a dog.

And you aren't given objectives and waypoints in Perfect Dark, TimeSplitters, DOOM 3, Half-Life 2 (Well, I don't recall actual waypoints, but it's so linear that you may as well have them), Halo, and nearly every other FPS for the last two gens? Not that you actually play the games, but would you have known how to use the climbing gloves and rope or the strike mission command controls without being told what to do? The complaints you people come up with...

You have objectives, yes. But you don't have your CO yelling in your ear every five seconds about it in those.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#107spectermaster14Posted 1/14/2013 9:36:20 PM

The game's campaign literally tells you every objective you have to accomplish and 90% of the time, you're following some NPC ordering you around like a dog.

And you aren't given objectives and waypoints in Perfect Dark, TimeSplitters, DOOM 3, Half-Life 2 (Well, I don't recall actual waypoints, but it's so linear that you may as well have them), Halo, and nearly every other FPS for the last two gens? Not that you actually play the games, but would you have known how to use the climbing gloves and rope or the strike mission command controls without being told what to do? The complaints you people come up with...

You have objectives, yes. But you don't have your CO yelling in your ear every five seconds about it in those.

In Halo, TS, and DOOM? Yeah, you do. Not a CO specifically, but an AI, a partner, a crazed scientist shuffling you from place to place trying to get you killed, etc, etc. Hell, you're told what to do constantly in Half-Life 2 as long as at least one character is around. Kleiner, Alex, Vance, and the Vortigaunt - even simple resistance fighters - constantly shout at Gordon to replace batteries, grab rocket launchers that are in plain sight, and so on. More to the point, verbal orders from a commanding officer makes absolute perfect sense in a series mostly centering around military conflicts.
#108TiljackPosted 1/15/2013 9:23:56 AM
Desulated posted...

It's funny that that's exactly what the military is like for non-officers. People complain about military games acting like games with objectives of a type based on the military mindset. Bizarre.
#109EseenuzPosted 1/15/2013 9:26:13 AM
lol COD BLOPS 2 RATED E FOR EVERYONE lol