This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are 10-13 year olds playing CoD online?

#51crazyman32Posted 1/13/2013 5:18:50 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
crazyman32 posted...
The Guy Game was banned was because,one of the girls was under age.

That's something completely different though. That was a legal issue, not because a group of people pulled something legal out of an area.

Gaming as a medium has grown. Just like the movie industry, there are games that are simply not appropriate for certain age groups, and content that some parents might not want their kids exposed to. Unfortunately, parents keep buying these types of games for their kids, it became common place, and now they and the media complain when something happens. What we don't want is a ban on games. We don't want certain types of games to be removed completely from store shelves, or edited just because someone's 10 year old may play it. Something has to be done, even if it's a temporary thing, to enforce the ratings enough to make people aware.

I agree I was just telling that other poster that the Guy Game was banned for a different reason.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#52ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/13/2013 5:22:08 PM
Because their parents are ****.
#53DemonicChaosXXPosted 1/13/2013 5:23:56 PM
Because their parents are not real adults.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84
#54BillbertRandomPosted 1/13/2013 5:24:26 PM
Cpt_Pineapple posted...
Isn't it for 17+?

http://memerial.net/6076-target-audience-actual-audience-games
---
Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
#55BurgerTime79Posted 1/13/2013 5:28:08 PM
crazyman32 posted...
I agree I was just telling that other poster that the Guy Game was banned for a different reason.

Yeah, I just sort of misread some spots is all.
I noticed that they pulled The Guy Game, Ebay removes it from their site, yet you can still legally buy the game used everywhere else. It does have the same strict ban on it that the unedited original versions of the early Tracy Lords movies have. You can't legally buy them because of her age.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#56crazyman32Posted 1/13/2013 5:35:46 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
crazyman32 posted...

Yeah, I just sort of misread some spots is all.
I noticed that they pulled The Guy Game, Ebay removes it from their site, yet you can still legally buy the game used everywhere else. It does have the same strict ban on it that the unedited original versions of the early Tracy Lords movies have. You can't legally buy them because of her age.

Yeah you can buy The Guy Game from third party sellers on Amazon but,the game is bad and way overpriced.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#57El_ZaggyPosted 1/13/2013 5:40:56 PM
parental failure are common these days. Some people shouldnt have kids, some people should have have been sterilized. Too bad its not reality we are stuck with kids playing grown up games, kids at 11 giving bjs in orgies with friends and stuff...
#58agrissaPosted 1/13/2013 5:47:36 PM
Because that is CoD's target market.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 7
#59ExtremeLightPosted 1/13/2013 5:52:26 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
parental failure are common these days. Some people shouldnt have kids, some people should have have been sterilized. Too bad its not reality we are stuck with kids playing grown up games, kids at 11 giving bjs in orgies with friends and stuff...

Lmao!
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#60aPimp_named_leEPosted 1/13/2013 6:19:37 PM
kids have been playing m rated games since MK. the only difference now is that you can hear them thanks to headsets. i don't hate on parents for buying their kids violent video games, i despise them because they buy them communication devices for said game/console. some are respectful and great team players that listen or give valuable feedback, but for the most part they are loud and rude scoundrels that smack and hate talk thanks to the veil of anonymity (like most of the CoD fans anyway, but with squeakier and more annoying voices.)
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
PSN: BxMcNasty