This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are 10-13 year olds playing CoD online?

#71ChrisBot2k5Posted 1/13/2013 8:20:28 PM
Darkive posted...
Madridiq8e posted...
you can the same thing about GTA games

um no. the GTA franchise is way above the CoD crap.

GTA is for armchair assailants, couch criminals and sofa sadists.
CoD is for kids who want to feel like theyre cool.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the fact that many underage children play the GTA games even though they're not supposed to be.

"Why are 10-13 year olds playing CoD online?"

"Why are children playing Grand Theft Auto?"

Poor parenting.
---
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill
#72blackcry77Posted 1/13/2013 8:32:39 PM
I have to agree with the people who say why is there a age requirement. Besides you hypocrites saying that their parent's bought it for them or its stupid or something when most likely you guys played M rated games like GTA.MGS, Doom etc etc and your parents bought it for you. So in reality its just stupid to argue about why there are kids playing online games.
---
I'm an otaku, gamer, and writer. Love these things and I don't care if you don't.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#73jakestar0306Posted 1/13/2013 8:35:45 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5727624_700b_v1.jpg
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#74dillo9000Posted 1/13/2013 8:36:09 PM
ZackG31 posted...
when did you start playing COD

never
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Persona 3 FES, Sonic Adventure
#75rpglover13Posted 1/13/2013 9:04:54 PM
Because Call of Duty is for that age group, and/or casual gamers(beginners) which usually are that age group.
#76Still__RippinPosted 1/13/2013 9:12:42 PM
gucciburrr posted...
The good ol' " CoD is for kids and hold hands" argument from people who are more than likely terrible at it. Never fails..

This. And it's because they have crappy parents. That's why whenever I encounter one I describe as explicitly and detailed as possible where he came out of mommy and what daddy likely did to her the night before.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#77R2BDSiPosted 1/13/2013 9:21:43 PM
Because it's Children Online Daycare
#78dedbusPosted 1/13/2013 9:28:53 PM
Since kids have been playing whatever they can since ever. It sucks when you go to someone's house and they have some generic Matel board games on the Snes because their parents are sheltering them.
#79GunzleaderPosted 1/13/2013 9:39:44 PM
why the hell do you care?
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#80ChrisBot2k5Posted 1/13/2013 9:44:06 PM
blackcry77 posted...
Besides you hypocrites saying that their parent's bought it for them or its stupid or something when most likely you guys played M rated games like GTA.MGS, Doom etc etc and your parents bought it for you.

When those games came out (except doom) I was already old enough to be buying my own M rated games. My parents made damn sure they never bought me anything with any overt violence, language, or sexuality.

Sure I had friends who had racy games because their parents weren't as mindful or caring as mine that I'd get once in a while doses of gaming or movies that I shouldn't be doing, but that's just being a rebellious kid doing the 'cool' thing. Doesn't make it right.

The still developing brains of youths aren't equipped to handle such adult content without the proper supervision and tutelage of what's right and what's wrong. You'd be a fool to ASS U ME otherwise.

Why do you think that the kids who play M rated games online are mostly intolerable, foul mouthed brats?

Poor parenting.
---
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill