This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are 10-13 year olds playing CoD online?

#81savagechild89Posted 1/13/2013 9:51:06 PM
because the majority of that age bracket these days cant understand or appreciate anything more than shoot shoot shoot, kill kill kill.
---
PSN: Savagechild89
#82BaradekaiPosted 1/13/2013 9:55:09 PM
Online games should have an option to report anyone under the rated age, otherwise rating the game at all is pointless since most parents just buy heir kids whatever they want these days.
#83The_Mighty_KELPPosted 1/13/2013 9:56:04 PM
Online multiplayer doesn't have nearly the mature content that the campaign or zombies do. I'm fine with younger kids (13-14, no younger) playing online pvp to a certain extent. Sure, the premise is basically kill everyone else, but it's handled in a way that makes it clear it's a game. There isn't any executions or depictions of extreme violence (like there is in Gears, for example), so it can be harmless fun as long as you teach your child the difference between right/wrong and real/virtual. I do NOT approve of younger kids playing zombies mode or campaign for the extreme violence, mature themes, and rampant swearing. Honestly, I'd rate the pvp T and the rest M.

That's my opinion of the content. As for those whiny little screaming foul-mouthed brats, that's another thing totally, and I'm ashamed of America's parents for letting their kids do that.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#84Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/13/2013 10:00:12 PM
Free babysitter thats why.

You know, I wouldn't mind it...The game is silly and should be played for fun, But I've never played wilt a kid that isn't a total jerk. Cussing or throwing out racial slurs...and most time a stone throws away for a parent.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#85spectermaster14Posted 1/13/2013 10:02:13 PM
Online games should have an option to report anyone under the rated age, otherwise rating the game at all is pointless since most parents just buy heir kids whatever they want these days.

This kind of brings up an important part of this debate that I think a lot of people are ignorant to... Do some of you understand that the ESRB rating is in no way legally binding? Stores don't refuse sales of M rated games to minors due to some law, the do it because that's what they want to do. There's no reason for any kind of report on a kid playing an M rated because the rating on the box is a recommendation, not an enforced rule. The rating system exists only to show buyers what content is in the game.
#86Wario_manPosted 1/13/2013 10:10:31 PM
Bad parenting.
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#87kcypher2000Posted 1/13/2013 10:25:31 PM
savagechild89 posted...
because the majority of that age bracket these days cant understand or appreciate anything more than shoot shoot shoot, kill kill kill.

People need to stop with the self righteous BS. People play it because its a good series. Remember Contra and Blaster Master? People like to blow things up.

The worst kind of sheep aren't those who like something because its popular, thats just playing it safe. The worst are the ones who hate something just because its popular. CoD is a solid series and no ones opinion here will negate the opinions of the masses that enjoy it while you complain about it.
#88kcypher2000Posted 1/13/2013 10:30:44 PM
Wario_man posted...
Bad parenting.

I played Mortal Kombat when i was a kid. Then again my parents realized I was smart enough to realize its just a freaking game.
#89crazyman32Posted 1/13/2013 10:35:44 PM
R2BDSi posted...
Because it's Children Online Daycare

That is probably true way to often
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#90jaoman69Posted 1/13/2013 10:49:52 PM
They don't they are 8 year olds