This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

By the end of its of life time PS3 will still cross 100 million mark. Amazing

#61Lelouch71Posted 1/14/2013 4:39:28 PM
Quaguaman posted...

Didn't sony just pass MS? They didn't need to wait for them to stop making 360 and Nintendo still makes the wii so its not like they have left this gen either. Also, what if ps3 passes ps1 sales? (I say ps1 because I doubt it will ever reach ps2 sales, which are much higher) that would mean it did a better job, and it simply took longer. I believe MS also said that they were planning to support the 360 for several years after their next console comes out too (correct me if I'm wrong), so its not like sony is the only one doing this. Not really pathetic that it took as long as it did considering how great the console is now and that the competition is still there and will be there for a few more years. Its not Sony s fault that they want to continue to have their console get support after a new one comes out and nobody else does.

Sony has yet to pass MS. They shipped out more consoles than MS but they haven't sold more as of yet. If it pass the PS1 then that's good for the system, but it would still take them the full 10+ years to get the job done. That doesn't make the PS3 look good especially when it many thought it would be number 1 due to the PS2's success. The DS already surpassed the PS1 in a shorter period of time. If the 3DS continue to improve from here on out it will be joining the club too. And yeah you are correct that MS wanted to do a 10 years plan. I don't know if they are still plan on doing it or not but I guess we shall see.

I don't blame Sony for doing a 10 year plan. They did that with the PS1 and PS2. What I do blame Sony for is how they screwed up with the PS3. How can you flush down the momentum of the PS2 and struggle this long to get out of third place? The PS3 is doing much better now with the games (still not as good as the PS1 and PS2 IMO), but there's no denying it struggled the first few years. I just hope the PS4 is more like the PS1 and PS2.

As for the two dudes calling me an "insecure fanboy" I have no major concern with the sales of the system. Unlike some, I have no problem being blunt about how a company screws up. My self esteem is just fine. I'm just a disappointed PS2 fan who expected better from Sony when it came to the PS3.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#62PaperCogFlimsyPosted 1/14/2013 4:40:47 PM
With the record breakdown rate of the slims and anorexic slims, 100 million is a no brainer with all of those rebuys
---
SONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did
#63LuminescentRulePosted 1/14/2013 4:59:31 PM
With the record breakdown rate of the slims and anorexic slims, 100 million is a no brainer with all of those rebuys

Yeah, no. People don't rebuy to replace a fully functional system. But nice try trying to defend Nintendo's failure to win yet another gen.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
No. of well-rated in 2012 : Vita = 35; 3DS = 24 (including 2 apps)
#64LuminescentRulePosted 1/14/2013 5:02:14 PM
Quaguaman posted...

Didn't sony just pass MS? They didn't need to wait for them to stop making 360 and Nintendo still makes the wii so its not like they have left this gen either. Also, what if ps3 passes ps1 sales? (I say ps1 because I doubt it will ever reach ps2 sales, which are much higher) that would mean it did a better job, and it simply took longer. I believe MS also said that they were planning to support the 360 for several years after their next console comes out too (correct me if I'm wrong), so its not like sony is the only one doing this. Not really pathetic that it took as long as it did considering how great the console is now and that the competition is still there and will be there for a few more years. Its not Sony s fault that they want to continue to have their console get support after a new one comes out and nobody else does.

Sony has yet to pass MS. They shipped out more consoles than MS but they haven't sold more as of yet. If it pass the PS1 then that's good for the system, but it would still take them the full 10+ years to get the job done. That doesn't make the PS3 look good especially when it many thought it would be number 1 due to the PS2's success. The DS already surpassed the PS1 in a shorter period of time. If the 3DS continue to improve from here on out it will be joining the club too. And yeah you are correct that MS wanted to do a 10 years plan. I don't know if they are still plan on doing it or not but I guess we shall see.

I don't blame Sony for doing a 10 year plan. They did that with the PS1 and PS2. What I do blame Sony for is how they screwed up with the PS3. How can you flush down the momentum of the PS2 and struggle this long to get out of third place? The PS3 is doing much better now with the games (still not as good as the PS1 and PS2 IMO), but there's no denying it struggled the first few years. I just hope the PS4 is more like the PS1 and PS2.

As for the two dudes calling me an "insecure fanboy" I have no major concern with the sales of the system. Unlike some, I have no problem being blunt about how a company screws up. My self esteem is just fine. I'm just a disappointed PS2 fan who expected better from Sony when it came to the PS3.

Actually, it makes the PS3 look really good. People will look at the beginning and how the PS3 was failing badly and how it turned out to be the best selling system of the generation. And nobody really cares about how much a casual handheld sold and how much - it will be never be regarded as being of the same pedigree as a console - and for good reason.
---
#65ZerobahnPosted 1/14/2013 5:15:55 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
You know how pathetic that sounds. Sony has to wait until both MS and Nintendo to move on to become number 1 for gen 7. Everyone who has enough sense would have already moved on by then. The PS1 and PS2 didn't even need a full 10 years to get the job done. They didn't even need 5 years. Hell the DS is not even 10 years old and it already matching the PS2 in total sales. Like I keep saying only insecure fanboys give a crap about this. The fact is Sony screwed up. It's better to hope that Sony return to form with the PS4.

Topic should've ended here...too bad Gamefaqs is full to the brim with fanboys trying to claw at anything so they can to prove their console's the 'best'.
---
Factoring Hectopascals!!!
))<>((
#66UniversquallPosted 1/14/2013 5:55:40 PM
It's not amazing. It's expected.
It'll be interesting to see if Nintendo can do it with only one attempt at this gen. Took two last time.
---
NP: Suikoden III (PS2) Assassin's Creed III (PS3) MNR (Vita) Total Annihilation (PC) Xenoblade (Wii U) Nope (360)
#67jsb0714Posted 1/14/2013 5:59:46 PM
-Damien- posted...
Sony is 3 for 3 as far as producing successful consoles, defined as selling over 100 million

Microsoft is 1 for 2 (Assuming 360 will also cross 100M like PS3)

Nintendo 1 for 5 (the worst record)

Any more question about the best brand in gaming?

So any console selling under 100 million is unsuccessful? That might be a tad inaccurate.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#68AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/14/2013 6:01:57 PM
PaperCogFlimsy posted...

---
Now Playing:Touch My Katamari (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Dishonored (360), UMvC3 (Vita) Shadows of the Damned(PS3)
#69FISTY919Posted 1/14/2013 6:03:18 PM
PS3 only shipped 70 million.

This years sales were slightly above 2008, in the first 3 quarters of 2009, PS3 sales were at an all time low. Its on the way out. Fast.

The only way PS3 is reaching 100 million is if its sold for the next six years. It will be shipping end of run PS2 numbers within 18 - 24 months.

Saying that, no-one will make a huge distinction between 94 million and 100 milllon.
#70LuminescentRulePosted 1/14/2013 6:45:21 PM
PS3 only shipped 70 million.

This years sales were slightly above 2008, in the first 3 quarters of 2009, PS3 sales were at an all time low. Its on the way out. Fast.

The only way PS3 is reaching 100 million is if its sold for the next six years. It will be shipping end of run PS2 numbers within 18 - 24 months.

Saying that, no-one will make a huge distinction between 94 million and 100 milllon.

You do realise that the PS3 is still expensive, right? On top of that, it didn't have any big release this year. As for 70M shipped, the number of sold systems was at 70.2M as of the 4th of Nov 2012.

Next time, before you post, think harder.
---