The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D You can't blame people for not wanting to buy a game because the demo sucked

#1mgs4fan540Posted 1/13/2013 5:53:43 PM
C/D You can't blame people for not wanting to buy a game because the demo sucked. - Results (144 votes)
Confirm
89.58% (129 votes)
Deny
10.42% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
People always tell me "The demo doesn't do justice to the full game!" or "If you don't buy the game just because the demo was bad, then you're an idiot."

Well screw those people.

A demo is supposed to make you want to buy the game. If the demo is bad, well its the developers faulty for releasing a terrible demo (example: RE6)
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2RioichiCooperPosted 1/13/2013 5:55:26 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/demo-daze

This might be relevant.
---
If your accuracy is over 10%, you're trying too hard.
#3Vs1991Posted 1/13/2013 5:57:27 PM
C. Alot of games I try the demo and hate it so I don't buy the game.

Another thing I hate is when people say "the game gets way better later on." So what? I don't wanna have to force myself to play through s*** just to get to the better parts. And what if I still don't like it when I make it that far
#4CrimsonGear80Posted 1/13/2013 5:57:48 PM
It's fine that you think a game might be bad because of the demo...but what does it say at the beginning of pretty much any demo you have ever played?

"This demo is of a build still in development and not representative of the final product", or something along those lines.

I personally can't base an entire game off of a demo that may not even represent what the final build will turn out to be, and I really don't listen to people who do.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#5Brocken_JrPosted 1/13/2013 5:58:22 PM
c
demos can make or break a sale for me.
---
I retired from boxing with 1 win and 0 losses. My perfect streak lives on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#6killakPosted 1/13/2013 6:00:20 PM
Not wanting to buy a game is everyones choice, whether it's based on setting, demo, character, developer or even just screens or videos.

Stating that a game is rubbish, because of any of those, is just stupid.

I don't buy madden games, because they're not my thing. Madden games are not rubbish.
---
LoL... DSP did his funniest moments of 2012 set.... except they're all about his own content.
#7ManuKesnaPosted 1/13/2013 6:00:28 PM
well...i bought Enslaved because the demo was awesome but when i played the full game...oh god...i think the only good part wa the demo part -_-
Also, i think it was uncharted, the demo didnt do justice to the full game
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#8Vs1991Posted 1/13/2013 6:01:18 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
It's fine that you think a game might be bad because of the demo...but what does it say at the beginning of pretty much any demo you have ever played?

"This demo is of a build still in development and not representative of the final product", or something along those lines.

I personally can't base an entire game off of a demo that may not even represent what the final build will turn out to be, and I really don't listen to people who do.

that message is mostly about glitches and performance. the full game aint gonna completely change
#9DocDeliciousPosted 1/13/2013 6:01:38 PM
Deny.

I've hated the demos for many, many games that later became some of my favorite titles.
I've also enjoyed the demos of many games I've ended up hating.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Vanquish, Retro City Rampage, Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross, Quantum Conundrum, Catherine
PSN: DocDelicious
#10keybladeXIIIPosted 1/13/2013 6:03:32 PM

This. Every demo is different and they sometimes include a level from the beginning or middle of the game. Just one or two levels isn't enough to influence or change an opinion on purchasing a game IMO.

P.S. I love your sig.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!