This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D You can't blame people for not wanting to buy a game because the demo sucked

#11Poopcorn13Posted 1/13/2013 6:04:26 PM
RioichiCooper posted...
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/demo-daze

This might be relevant.

Good video.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#12CrimsonGear80Posted 1/13/2013 6:05:36 PM
Vs1991 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
It's fine that you think a game might be bad because of the demo...but what does it say at the beginning of pretty much any demo you have ever played?

"This demo is of a build still in development and not representative of the final product", or something along those lines.

I personally can't base an entire game off of a demo that may not even represent what the final build will turn out to be, and I really don't listen to people who do.

that message is mostly about glitches and performance. the full game aint gonna completely change

There have been many demos I have played that do not match the final product. I remember playing the RE2 demo that came with RE:DC and it's layout and events were vastly different from the final product.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#13Vs1991Posted 1/13/2013 6:05:56 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
It's fine that you think a game might be bad because of the demo...but what does it say at the beginning of pretty much any demo you have ever played?

"This demo is of a build still in development and not representative of the final product", or something along those lines.

I personally can't base an entire game off of a demo that may not even represent what the final build will turn out to be, and I really don't listen to people who do.

This. Every demo is different and they sometimes include a level from the beginning or middle of the game. Just one or two levels isn't enough to influence or change an opinion on purchasing a game IMO.

P.S. I love your sig.

so if you played a demo you absolutely hated, would you still be like, oh its gonna change in the final game im still gonna buy it?

I wouldn't. The full game isnt gonna be that much different and you'll have to play the part from the demo you hated again
#14Vs1991Posted 1/13/2013 6:06:49 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Vs1991 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

that message is mostly about glitches and performance. the full game aint gonna completely change

There have been many demos I have played that do not match the final product. I remember playing the RE2 demo that came with RE:DC and it's layout and events were vastly different from the final product.

but the basic gameplay was still the same. if you hated the core game mechanics, would you still buy it?
#15TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/13/2013 6:11:48 PM
There have been demos in the past I didn't like, but then the full game turned out to be something I bought. Generally though, they are a pretty good test.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#16jrr18Posted 1/13/2013 6:13:00 PM
It depends on the game and if they wanted it before they played the demo.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#17CrimsonGear80Posted 1/13/2013 6:17:56 PM
but the basic gameplay was still the same. if you hated the core game mechanics, would you still buy it?

Not the point I'm trying to make. the point is the demo can be vastly different from the final product, doesn't matter in what way. if you hated a game based off the demo, then told people with the full game why you hated it then those people told you that thing you hated was removed/fixed/made different in the final game, you're going to look foolish.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#18mgs4fan540(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:43:28 PM
bump
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#19zyrax2301Posted 1/13/2013 8:46:40 PM(edited)
The demo always says "is not representative of the final product" because they don't want to put people off with bugs, visual glitches, etc. Look at the KoA demo. It was a nice little experience, as long as the sound didn't cut out...

I agree. A bad demo is like a cracker taste-test - it cuts your mouth you won't be buying that brand of cracker, ya know?

I did end up playing KoA, but only because a friend offered to lend it to me. The poor demo killed my interest quite soundly.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#20gamestop27Posted 1/13/2013 8:50:00 PM
Considering one of the reasons people play demos is to decide whether or not they want to buy the game, no one should be b****ing if someone declared that they didn't buy a game because of a demo.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227