This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D You can't blame people for not wanting to buy a game because the demo sucked

#31Raven_CyarmPosted 1/13/2013 11:15:38 PM
You can and should blame them. If you read two pages of a book and say "Oh, well the rest of the book sucks too" then you're quick to judge with no real evidence.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#32Nightmare637Posted 1/13/2013 11:16:35 PM
depends on the game and the demo.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#33JuanZoloPosted 1/13/2013 11:18:33 PM
Deny. I played the demo of DQVIII and HATED it. I then received it as a gift and it is now one of my all time faves.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#34gamestop27Posted 1/13/2013 11:18:41 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
You can and should blame them. If you read two pages of a book and say "Oh, well the rest of the book sucks too" then you're quick to judge with no real evidence.

That's not the same. With a demo you're getting the base gameplay and if that doesn't hold your interest then you're not under any obligation to buy the whole game.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227
#35Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/13/2013 11:24:52 PM
Demos aren't really so great anymore. An average game has a 15 hour completion time. That is a huge story arc and a huge amount of gameplay elements and upgrades coming into play across that time line. I hated Valkyria Chronicles demo and dismissed the game for a long time. By the time I finally got the game and beat it, it became one of my favorite games for the system. Demos are misleading and especially frustrating now that they are huge full game downloads that try to force you to buy it now. They also spoil later levels because most demos don't even try to show you the beginning of the game because no one wants more training levels.
#36agrissaPosted 1/13/2013 11:54:58 PM
Absolutely confirms. I've never played a demo that wasn't just like the final product.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 7
#37Xenesis XenonPosted 1/13/2013 11:56:53 PM
While I certainly miss the shareware era, I don't see that time returning.

And yeah, a game with a demo, if the demo sucks then someone is absolutely justified in not buying the full product.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#38TehRYNOLPosted 1/14/2013 1:44:10 AM
99% of the time, yes. Although there are those odd cases where the demo is not representative of the final game at all.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#39Bancario51Posted 1/14/2013 1:48:20 AM
I know man, I mean these foos defending a game. The whole purpose of a demo is to see whether or not you like the gameplay and its figure if its worth buying. Otherwise
A It fails as a demo
B. the game just isn't for you

I don't understand why people go out on a limb to defend a game after that. To buy or not buy. Demo is the answer to that question.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#40OrangeSchweesePosted 1/14/2013 1:52:52 AM(edited)
Only going by the demo when there are tons of reviews out there is just willful ignorance on your part.

Does this have something to do with DmC? I noticed a lot of haters judging it as harshly as possible by the demo, so that they could have another dumb reason to hate it.