This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Official DmC reviews topic

#111true_gamer80Posted 1/14/2013 9:07:41 AM(edited)
everyone wearing their tinfoils hats in here? Ya? Ok carry on...

I like how some are going so so deep into this, making up theories lol.....my goodness this place is a jk lol....
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#112SomnusNemorisPosted 1/14/2013 9:08:33 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
everyone wearing their tinfoils hats in here? Ya? Ok carry on...

I like how some are going so so deep into this, making up theories lol.....my goodness this place is a jk lol....

Hope you're not referring to JFK conspiracy theorists as tinfoil hat-wearers, mate.
#113Evel138Posted 1/14/2013 9:13:42 AM
jubjub360 posted...
hrj posted...
llaW_Enots posted...
Sessler gives it a 3 out 5, so that's a 6 out of 10.

WOW are you sure about that?

3/5=.6
.6 x 100=60

So yeah he is sure about that.

That's not the spirit of that type of grade scale, otherwise it would be the standard 100 point/percent system.....what's the point otherwise?

The 5 star system is generally used as poor quality/avoid (1), mediocre/some may enjoy (2), average/good quality (3), exceptional (4), outstanding/should not be missed (5).

This type of scale is typically not meant to be taken as a hard line mathematical equation and is the reason some people grumble when metacritic scores are thrown out of whack by stars, letter grades, etc when they apply the same equations to come with a number that fits the 100 points in by which they go.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#114SomnusNemorisPosted 1/14/2013 9:15:02 AM
Evel138 posted...
That's not the spirit of that type of grade scale, otherwise it would be the standard 100 point/percent system.....what's the point otherwise?

The 5 star system is generally used as poor quality/avoid (1), mediocre/some may enjoy (2), average/good quality (3), exceptional (4), outstanding/should not be missed (5).

This type of scale is typically not meant to be taken as a hard line mathematical equation and is the reason some people grumble when metacritic scores are thrown out of whack by stars, letter grades, etc when they apply the same equations to come with a number that fits the 100 points in by which they go.

This.

You enjoying all the haters getting owned, Chad?
#115Evel138Posted 1/14/2013 9:20:51 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
Evel138 posted...

This.

You enjoying all the haters getting owned, Chad?

Pretty entertaining, but more importantly, I'm just happy for the guys that were willing to give this game a chance and ended up with an apparently good game to play.

I can't for the life of me figure out way anyone wanted this game to fail in the first place....especially fans of the series. Oh, boo hoo, they changed his hairstyle......game ruined in their minds apparently. Pathetic lol.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#116AalviPosted 1/14/2013 9:34:27 AM
fadeca posted...
a lot of butthurt fanboys out tonight, they just can't accept the fact that DMC is a legitimately good game.

Good reviews doesn't make any game "good", it will always be subjective but sadly peoples opinions directly link to what reviews say and is based on that and not their own thoughts.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#117regsantotomasPosted 1/14/2013 9:40:33 AM
As I said in the other topic, I am glad this game is getting great reviews on the whole. People who are looking to play this game are probably going to be pleased.

While admittedly far less invested in this series than others, the level of vitriol regarding this title and presumably Capcom was more than a little over the top.

I am probably still going to pass on it for now.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#118secondhand1Posted 1/14/2013 9:41:39 AM
Evel138 posted...
Pretty entertaining, but more importantly, I'm just happy for the guys that were willing to give this game a chance and ended up with an apparently good game to play.

I can't for the life of me figure out way anyone wanted this game to fail in the first place....especially fans of the series. Oh, boo hoo, they changed his hairstyle......game ruined in their minds apparently. Pathetic lol.

Sure you can. You just need to stop trying to give credit to most people. You're still living under the assumption that there is a glimmer of hope that the overly juvenile minority can actually enjoy a game because it's fun.

Sadly, we may never see that reality. Instead, we're exposed to raves and rants from ignorant, under-educated folks who live by the my-way-or-the-highway mantra; tearing something or someone apart because the ideals presented therein might not exactly line up with their own. Taking the selfish means to every end and raging like a three-year-old the entire way. All in an apparent effort to sustain their internet cool status.

I'm terribly interested in DmC, but only for a price drop; there's way too much goodness in these next few months.*

*Ed. note: I'll most likely pick this up tomorrow anyway. Damn you, video games!
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#119OrangeSchweesePosted 1/14/2013 10:50:29 AM
jubjub360 posted...
3/5=.6
.6 x 100=60

So yeah he is sure about that.

But what if...

3/5 = 6
6 x 100 = 600

What then!? What. Then.
#120Mystickay86Posted 1/14/2013 10:52:56 AM
llaW_Enots posted...
Sessler gives it a 3 out 5, so that's a 6 out of 10.

Ok, and let me point out the same guy has also given DMC 3 - 3/5, therefore that game must be just average quality.

Let me add a little side comment that he gave DMC 2 - 4/5, therefore that game must be good and the stronger game of the series. Groovy.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board