This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Official DmC reviews topic

#131CrimsonGear80(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:21:44 PM
The framerate is horrid and the shadows are terrifyingly bad.

"Horrid"?

Your standards must be way too high.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#132RoxasANobodyPosted 1/14/2013 7:22:28 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
"Horrid"?

Your standards must be way too high.

Admittedly, yes, they are [as far as framerate goes anyways].
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#133CrimsonGear80(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:23:21 PM
30fps for the majority of gameplay is considered "horrid"?

What's considered broken, anything below 120fps?
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
#134jubjub360Posted 1/14/2013 7:24:19 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
jubjub360 posted...
3/5=.6
.6 x 100=60

So yeah he is sure about that.

But what if...

3/5 = 6
6 x 100 = 600

What then!? What. Then.

But that's wrong. How did it go from a decimal to a whole number?
#135Marnex15Posted 1/14/2013 7:25:52 PM
They all got paid guys. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#136RoxasANobodyPosted 1/14/2013 7:29:13 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Nope. I noticed considerable tearing on my television on the PS3 version. The frame rate dips during all the scenes during the demo as well [Note: This evaluation was done on the demo]. I'm not trying to nor do I want to start a console war, but my brother downloaded the demo on the 360 and I did notice the drops happened less frequently.

If you've ever played or seen how GT5 or FM4 operated, then you'll get a general understanding of where my standards are for games. It's amazing how those games can keep up 60fps especially when you're flying down the final stretch of the Nurburgring. Don't get my wording confused, Crimson, it's an "annoyance" I have with the game, but it won't stop me from playing it. As a matter of fact, I'm going to pick it up in a few hours -- I've had it preordered for weeks now.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#137CrimsonGear80(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:54:22 PM
Crimson, it's an "annoyance" I have with the game

"Horrid" means horrid. I don't see something "horrid" as an "annoyance". For example Fallout: New Vegas had horrid framerates when your save reached beyond 10MBs and it actually effected your game. Compared to that, DmC is smooth as butter and plays just fine.

Maybe you should just stuck with "annoyance" instead of "horrid" in the first place.
---
#138BaseChouGokuPosted 1/14/2013 7:57:27 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Why are you being dumb. It's not funny and it's not cute. Knock it off.
#139WingedRegentPosted 1/14/2013 7:57:34 PM
llaW_Enots posted...
Sessler gives it a 3 out 5, so that's a 6 out of 10.

Ok, and let me point out the same guy has also given DMC 3 - 3/5, therefore that game must be just average quality.

Let me add a little side comment that he gave DMC 2 - 4/5, therefore that game must be good and the stronger game of the series. Groovy.

They also later said in an episode of X-Play that that's one of the reviews they wish they could redo since DMC 2 didn't deserve the 4/5 it got when they originally reviewed it, so that should be taken into account in regards to Sessler's thoughts of DMC 2 at least.
---
Co- Owner of Teams Demon and Saviour for the BT series.
Holder of the 500th post in the Naruto ODT for 1/19/08: Naruto vs. Sasuke.
#140keybladeXIIIPosted 1/14/2013 8:00:16 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Why are you being dumb. It's not funny and it's not cute. Knock it off.

this guy is mad.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!