This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Official DmC reviews topic

#91furrybeaversPosted 1/14/2013 6:04:46 AM
So the people here who hate the game and disagree with reviewers are saying that EVERY SINGLE game review outlet was paid? Every single one?

Sounds like they just don't like that the final product is a great game. Opinion.com
---
Currently: Catching up on my Netflix Instant Queue, and Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Tales of Graces F
Care less, have power
#92furrybeaversPosted 1/14/2013 6:06:22 AM
Oh, and IGN gave it an 8.9, not 8.5.

Sorry for the double post.
---
Currently: Catching up on my Netflix Instant Queue, and Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Tales of Graces F
Care less, have power
#93BeefEasterPosted 1/14/2013 6:11:41 AM
furrybeavers posted...
Oh, and IGN gave it an 8.9, not 8.5.

Sorry for the double post.

no
the ps3 version got an 8.5
#94OrangeSchweesePosted 1/14/2013 6:16:14 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
When the story and writing have been talked up the way they have with DmC, I expect an assessment. Most reviews have completely ignored the story and writing, which is a lot weirder.

More nonsense hate justifications. Whatever the devs said has no bearing on my enjoyment of the game. What if Sid Meier went nuts and said that Civ 6 would be an FPS. Then it turns out to be another amazing TBS. Does it suddenly lose all credit then?
#95OrangeSchweesePosted 1/14/2013 6:20:14 AM
Evel138 posted...
The internet crying about Dante's hairstyle for the last coup,e years has been one of the most pathetic phenomenons in the gaming culture IMHO.

Exactly how I feel. I'll admit that when I saw that "My name is Dante" debut trailer, I was like, "ehhhh.." but it has redeemed itself in my eyes. And the behavior of the DmC haters says more about them than whatever they'd like everyone else to think about Tameem and NT.
#96SomnusNemorisPosted 1/14/2013 6:35:02 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
and I can state that JFK was shot on the grassy knoll by space aliens from venus, but it doesn't make me sound less crazy.

You have great taste in music Crim, but you're kidding yourself if you think there wasn't at least one other shooter on the grassy knoll. Way to ignore 50+ witness accounts of hearing gunshots from that area.
#97SuperShadowAcePosted 1/14/2013 6:41:11 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Gametrailers also openly admitted to being paid off for their Dragon Age 2 review.

There's no way that DmC is worthy of more than a 7.

oh, this is gonna be a fun topic!

Link to them saying they got paid over DA2 please.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#98kingofjamaicaPosted 1/14/2013 6:41:58 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
No offense but if you enjoyed the demo, you have no taste. Just being honest.

What gives anyone the right to say things like this?

Since this is a US based videogame forum, that would be the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

Then again, as it's a privately held platform, I guess that would mean GameFAQs is giving him the right.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#99Q_SenseiPosted 1/14/2013 6:46:59 AM
It looks like there's a lot to like in the new DMC.

However I will never purchase it for two reasons:

1. I don't own a 360, and the PS3 version apparently sucks like Bayonetta.
2. It's not very classy to include the F-Word in your dialog as if it was punctuation.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#100WingedRegentPosted 1/14/2013 7:25:26 AM(edited)
I enjoyed Sessler's review as I normally do, but I gotta say that I think games reviewers are forgetting what it's like to just play and enjoy.

The story is insipid? The writing is embarrassing? What kind of critiques are these.

When the story and writing have been talked up the way they have with DmC, I expect an assessment. Most reviews have completely ignored the story and writing, which is a lot weirder.

I agree with this. The gameplay being great or, at the very least, well-done was to be expected, but with how the story-writing and dialogue were being talked up by the devs and the people behind it, it should've been something that should get some attention in every review. For how the writing was being touted, it would've been an easy thing to cover in the review. "Does it live up to the hype?" "Well...yeah/no, and here's why..." Rather than ignoring it, mentioning the story in some way to give a personal assessment on the story/writing (Like a review's supposed to do: Evaluating the complete product) would've been nice to see out of more reviews.

Edit: That being said, the game definitely does look like it has the gameplay down, but the dialogue/writing being poor is gonna be a turn off for some. Gameplay-wise, the demo was a blast to play for me, but dialogue-wise, the Succubus irritated me. Was worried if the rest of the dialogue in the game was just as bad, and it seems so...Meh.
---
Co- Owner of Teams Demon and Saviour for the BT series.
Holder of the 500th post in the Naruto ODT for 1/19/08: Naruto vs. Sasuke.