This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adam Sessler's unpaid review

#61ThePatrickPosted 1/16/2013 1:28:20 PM
Doukou posted...
His KoA review was garbage.

I thought he was spot-on with some stuff, but cared too much about dialogue and animations. He's definitely into the presentation of games a little more than the gameplay, tho' (as we can see from this review). I also thought he gave it a little too low of a score for the good points he brought up, but the content of his review was all true.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#62Lard_in_TeaPosted 1/16/2013 8:12:39 PM
Good review but from all the negatives he mentioned, it should not have gotten above 2/5.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#63OfficeChairPosted 1/16/2013 8:24:40 PM
Sessler sounds like a geezer who grew up playing videogames and somehow expects that the medium should keep up with his own maturity. No Sessler, DmC has every right to appeal to teenage boys. I'm sure when you were younger you praised Duke Nuke for its irreverence.

People like Sessler and Parish have aged but just don't know it yet.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]
#64JenniferTatePosted 1/16/2013 8:26:20 PM
MrMikeMa posted...
I always kind of laugh when I hear about how amazing the story for Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were. Horrendous writing in those as well.

Fortunately, I couldn't care less about story, so I might actually pick this one up. I'm liking what I hear about the combat and the ramped up difficulty as you go higher up the chain, as well as the remixed enemy encounters.

I think DmC is the first script they didn't outsource.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#65almasbabyPosted 1/16/2013 8:32:27 PM
There is such a thing as reading too deep into a videogame. I think Sessler has gone there. I'll see for myself how much I enjoy it later this week.
#66params7Posted 1/16/2013 8:34:16 PM
If all his reviews will be unpaid from now on, I might subscribe to this guy.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png
#67king_maddenPosted 1/16/2013 9:00:24 PM
are these unpaid because he said so?
#68wstfldPosted 1/16/2013 9:08:47 PM
How long is this weeabo riot going to last? Or is it just a kneejerk reaction because if DmC is successful, than other Japanese series will move to Western developers.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#69PaperCogFlimsyPosted 1/16/2013 9:10:41 PM
Oh course it is an unpaid review.

Besides getting a clue, he needs to get a job
---
SONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did
#70llaW_Enots(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:23:24 AM
PaperCogFlimsy posted...
Oh course it is an unpaid review.

Besides getting a clue, he needs to get a job

that's the thing. he has enough money where he doesn't need a job or to get paid for biased reviews.