This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: What's the Greatest RPG of all-time?

#141RaengPosted 1/14/2013 2:36:54 PM
For me it's either Pokemon Silver or Golden Sun. God I loved those two.

Wait. What the hell am I even saying. It's Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. How could I be so daft. Yes. That's my choice.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#142gybugyPosted 1/14/2013 2:56:21 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Out of the ones on that list, I'd say Chrono Trigger or Baldur's Gate 2.

Other than those, Fallout 2, FF6, Phantasy Star 4, Xenogears, Lunar 2... etc. and a few others are just as good.

The Witcher (and its sequel) and DA: O for best WRPGs in recent years.

plus Morrowind and some Daggerfell Fallout 1 is pretty good yeah that sums it all up
---
If the opposite of SKY=EARTH and the opposite of RIM=MIDDLE? then does the opposite of SKYRIM=MIDDLEEARTH?!
#143Ampharos64Posted 1/14/2013 3:03:51 PM
Terotrous posted...
It's not really that ambiguous - in Japan, Destiny Remake is the most popular, while in the US, it's Symphonia.

Of course, it's not totally clear whether this is for Symphonia's story or the system it was on or some combination of both. In general, it seems like the Nintendo audience supports Tales way more: Symphonia 2 and Phantasia GBA are also both among the best-selling tales games, despite the fact that they're both fairly bad (Phantasia is a good game, it's just a bad port). You'd think this would encourage Namco to localize Graces on both platforms (this is also one of the main reasons to choose Graces to localize in the first place), but they don't want to break their perfect track record of nonsensical choices regarding the franchise.

Ah, I just meant it wouldn't necessarily be as clearcut which of the two was the most popular out of Abyss and Symphonia, if the Japanese fanbase were included too. There's an awful lot of factors that influenced it, I think, yeah, including in large part Namco's horrible decisions (like scheduling Abyss against FFXII, can't have helped much).

...though, much as I'd like those who only own a Wii to be able to play it too, in some ways I'm somewhat grateful they didn't bring over the Wii version of Graces, if only so I don't have to listen to the complaining about the PS3 getting the better version. XD

As for the rest of your post, yup, agreed. : ) I think this actually clarifies somewhat why talking about RPGs always seems to have the potential for so much more, well, conflict, than other genres. The potential focus on story complicates things, and there's just a lot of variation and people wanting different things.
#144ExpelDiasFlacPosted 1/14/2013 3:08:13 PM
OTHER: Star Ocean: The Second Story
#145Gryffindor1Posted 1/14/2013 3:35:41 PM
RedWaggon posted...
Mother 3 (sequel to Earthbound)

Mother 3 was absolutely terrible.
#146T_TronicPosted 1/14/2013 3:38:49 PM
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

Parasite Eve
#147aDominationPosted 1/14/2013 3:43:23 PM
FF6-9
Rogue Galaxy
Legend of Dragoon
Secret of Mana
Star Ocean 3
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#148skunknutsPosted 1/14/2013 3:43:37 PM
Ultima 7, no one's done it quite that well again.
#149Kilikan5670Posted 1/14/2013 3:50:27 PM
Breath of Fire 3
---
PSN: Kilikan670 SF4AE:Ibuki,Oni,Juri; 3SO:Akuma Sean; TTT2:Leo/Asuka
#150ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/14/2013 3:52:00 PM
Xenogears