This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just a question for DMC fans

#1ZackG31Posted 1/14/2013 9:29:15 AM
So when COD gets 9 and 10 its paid off but when a game you likes gets 9 and 10 its a fair review. Please explain.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
#2theshovellerPosted 1/14/2013 9:30:59 AM
Because they agree with it. If they don't agree with the score, it's either a paid-off review or the person reviewing it "doesn't know about it, or is a hater." If they agree with it, then "it's good to finally see some JUSTICE done!"

People just can't accept that they don't like something, despite it being well-received, or liking something despite it being critically panned.
#3PhaseSlaethePosted 1/14/2013 9:31:36 AM
Insecurity.

And double-standards.
#4AalviPosted 1/14/2013 9:33:17 AM
I'm a DMC fan I suppose...but I don't think that way or do that.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#5theshovellerPosted 1/14/2013 9:37:19 AM
Aalvi posted...
I'm a DMC fan I suppose...but I don't think that way or do that.

Me neither, but we're probably a small fraction of the people on this website.
#6Kira0987Posted 1/14/2013 12:53:03 PM
It's DmC fans... Way different from DMC fans.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#7jrr18Posted 1/14/2013 12:56:12 PM
They sold there souls to the great game demon capcom and are no slaves to there crapy products. Pitty Them!
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#8theshovellerPosted 1/14/2013 1:00:45 PM
Kira0987 posted...

Whatever, it's Devil May Cry. It's like arguing over KOTOR or KotOR - it's the same friggin' thing.
#9ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/14/2013 1:01:14 PM
theshoveller posted...
Kira0987 posted...

Whatever, it's Devil May Cry. It's like arguing over KOTOR or KotOR - it's the same friggin' thing.

Nope.
#10theshovellerPosted 1/14/2013 1:19:00 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
theshoveller posted...
Kira0987 posted...

Nope.

Sorry, I guess I should reiterate - when I see "D" "m" and "C" in a row, I immediately assume Devil May Cry when it's on a gaming forum. I typically specify if I mean the reboot or the original, and thus the capitalization aspect of it doesn't matter to me. Given that there's a new Devil May Cry game coming out tomorrow, I assume any references to "DMC," "DmC," or "dmc" are all about this newer reboot, unless it specifies otherwise.

So, to me, it's like arguing over KOTOR or KotOR. They stand for the same words, and reference the same thing. It's like when I see topics about "Tomb Raider," and can fairly easily discern the difference in usage between the new Tomb Raider named "Tomb Raider," or the original one, named "Tomb Raider."