This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just a question for DMC fans

#11Hvv0l24n9Posted 1/14/2013 2:38:49 PM
I don't see the point in this topic. All of the DMC fans are crying foul at the high scores...

O_o
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#12FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/14/2013 2:51:53 PM
When i see DMC i think of Back to the Future
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#13TheTrueNubPosted 1/14/2013 2:54:10 PM
Call of Duty is a well-made game, but most people can't look past that over their blind hate of the series.

I'm not the biggest Call of Duty fan in the world but it's quite obvious that they aren't trash.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#14GuardianShadow0Posted 1/14/2013 3:16:32 PM
theshoveller posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
theshoveller posted...
Kira0987 posted...
It's DmC fans... Way different from DMC fans.

Whatever, it's Devil May Cry. It's like arguing over KOTOR or KotOR - it's the same friggin' thing.

Nope.

Sorry, I guess I should reiterate - when I see "D" "m" and "C" in a row, I immediately assume Devil May Cry when it's on a gaming forum. I typically specify if I mean the reboot or the original, and thus the capitalization aspect of it doesn't matter to me. Given that there's a new Devil May Cry game coming out tomorrow, I assume any references to "DMC," "DmC," or "dmc" are all about this newer reboot, unless it specifies otherwise.

So, to me, it's like arguing over KOTOR or KotOR. They stand for
the same words, and reference the same thing. It's like when I see topics about "Tomb Raider," and can fairly easily discern the difference in usage between the new Tomb Raider named "Tomb Raider," or the original one, named "Tomb Raider."

People use "DmC" to refer to the reboot because that's its actual name, DmC: Devil May Cry. You're free to use either as long as you specify. This game draws a lot of flames and adding more feul will just make it worse.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94&feature=fvw
#15deprofundis442Posted 1/14/2013 3:31:00 PM
ZackG31 posted...
So when COD gets 9 and 10 its paid off but when a game you likes gets 9 and 10 its a fair review. Please explain.

I have never assumed any game's reviews are bought. Resorting to the conspiracy fallacy is the worst way to make an argument.
#16kingrat2314Posted 1/14/2013 4:55:15 PM
I never claimed CoD reviews are paid off. Actualy, the vast majority of reviews are not paid off. It rarely happens.
---
Yep, I'm a guy! teehee <3
#17Kira0987Posted 1/14/2013 10:06:33 PM
deprofundis442 posted...
ZackG31 posted...
So when COD gets 9 and 10 its paid off but when a game you likes gets 9 and 10 its a fair review. Please explain.

I have never assumed any game's reviews are bought. Resorting to the conspiracy fallacy is the worst way to make an argument.

I doubt most of them are paid off. But that doesn't mean that the companies won't steer the scores with threatening to not let them cover their games and whatnot. Remember, if these sites don't have access to previews and events, they have nothing to write about and are out of a job.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard