This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since everyone cares about Devil May Cry reviews all of the sudden...

#51killakPosted 1/14/2013 5:37:30 PM
This.

Why be jealous of a troll? Should I be?

I honestly have no idea. Perhaps we're supposed to envy the behaviour akin to a 5 year old child.

ITT: Good reviews = good game

To be fair man, it's just as correct to say ITT: Bad reviews = bad game.

It's best not to go on that particular tangent
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#52tonyalmaeda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 5:42:00 PM
wstfld posted...
Giant Bomb gave it 5/5.

Gave what? DmC or the other DMC's.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#53wstfldPosted 1/14/2013 5:44:43 PM
ITT: Good reviews = good game

A well reviewed game is usually good.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#54OrangeSchweesePosted 1/14/2013 5:56:53 PM
RampantBlatt posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...
It's not pointless because it's not niche like the old games, so it'll sell well and the series will continue in some way.

I don't think you know what "niche" means in regards to DMC.

The core gameplay of DMC and games like it is niche. It's the same reason why Bayonetta didn't sell well, yet GoW does. The difficulty is too much for most gamers.
#55tonyalmaeda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 6:10:48 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
RampantBlatt posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...
It's not pointless because it's not niche like the old games, so it'll sell well and the series will continue in some way.

I don't think you know what "niche" means in regards to DMC.

The core gameplay of DMC and games like it is niche. It's the same reason why Bayonetta didn't sell well, yet GoW does. The difficulty is too much for most gamers.

this is exactly my point. outsourcing DmC is pointless because it will never sell like Gow. Hell, it cant even get high reviews like gow. NT never got anything reviewed over a 90. But some how they ar going to make DmC better than the Creators of DMC.

Why not have them do Mega man while they are at it.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#56agrissaPosted 1/14/2013 6:26:20 PM
If DmC is so great, why are a bunch of ppl spending time on here desperately defending it instead of actually playing it? Why aren't they enjoying the game as opposed to desperately clinging to the positive reviews and trying to convince others the game is good because the reviews said so?

Maybe it's because they're not so sure themselves eh? Buyer's remorse? Reassurance?
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 7
#57wstfldPosted 1/14/2013 6:31:29 PM
A from 1up
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#58Battleship_GrayPosted 1/14/2013 6:33:16 PM
You can type out "desperately" but not "people?"
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#59agrissaPosted 1/14/2013 6:36:11 PM
Battleship_Gray posted...
You can type out "desperately" but not "people?"

You can't think of anything on-topic to say?
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 7
#60RoxasANobodyPosted 1/14/2013 6:45:17 PM
agrissa posted...
If DmC is so great, why are a bunch of ppl spending time on here desperately defending it instead of actually playing it? Why aren't they enjoying the game as opposed to desperately clinging to the positive reviews and trying to convince others the game is good because the reviews said so?

Maybe it's because they're not so sure themselves eh? Buyer's remorse? Reassurance?

Because the game hasn't been officially released in certain parts of the world? Additionally, your argument is flawed. If you can use an argument like that against the people who enjoy it, why wouldn't I use a similar argument against the people who don't enjoy it? Why aren't they forming actual opinions on the game after playing it? Why are they basing their opinions off of trailers and what the PR have done?

I don't normally call out people who are "begging the question", but these "arguments" posted above are fallacies and they trick readers into thinking, "Arguments like those are a sure fire win!"
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III