This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do ppl insist on using drugs when playing video games to enhance the experi-

#121chiballerPosted 1/18/2013 8:59:41 AM
Too bad u wont know I'm high lol you can't tell haha and plus my boss likes me he say im hard worker and never mess up u think weed gonna make u feel drunk and cant function yeah okay experiment then start talk cra p bout it and weed not a drug buddy im serious its a plant god made it. Anyways everything is a drug
#122theshovellerPosted 1/18/2013 9:13:50 AM
chiballer posted...
Too bad u wont know I'm high lol you can't tell haha and plus my boss likes me he say im hard worker and never mess up u think weed gonna make u feel drunk and cant function yeah okay experiment then start talk cra p bout it and weed not a drug buddy im serious its a plant god made it. Anyways everything is a drug

And using that "it's a plant, God made it" mentality - God technically made everything, and gave humans the intellect and reasoning to be able to combine things to make new things - so the "God made it" excuse could be said about anything ever made, anywhere.

Heroin? God made the crap for man to mix together.
Crack? God made the crap for man to mix together.

Still, those are way-out, and you might mean just stuff that, unaltered, exists in nature. Okay, fine - I can do that, too.

Poison ivy and poison sumac? God made those, too, though I doubt anyone would try to smoke those.

You know those poison dart frogs that are extremely lethal? Naturally existing and evolution made them into that, though I'd not want to even touch one, given that certain tribesmen in the places they exist actually use their toxins to go hunting with.

Peanuts? God made those, too. Why am I including peanuts, if they're not harmful? Because if you're allergic to them - yup, God made you allergic to peanuts too, but not that guy over there - then they're potentially fatal to you, as well.

This is one of those things that the two extremes on either side will never agree on. While I don't see a problem for some people to have medicinal marijuana - certain people, mind you, like people who are far along in the stages of cancer and whatnot - I don't think it's something meant for everybody to use whenever they feel like it, and it's my right to say "keep that crap away from me, and if you work for me, you better not be on it or I'm booting your butt out the door."
#123nonexistingheroPosted 1/18/2013 9:18:19 AM
hockeybub89 posted...
Medicine and coffee are legal, so crack should be too! It's a flawless argument!

I'm not too fond of drugs myself and never used anything. But to be honest, I really don't see why it's illegal with everyone being like "do whatever you want you're responsible for yourself" attitude. I'd say let drugs become legal so humans can learn what dumb f***s they really are, before banning both drugs & alcohol alltogether.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#124BlueJester007Posted 1/18/2013 9:30:40 AM
A bag of weed
A bag of weed
Oh, everything is better with a bag of weed.

No, you don't need coke and you don't need speed
Because everything is better with a bag of weed.
---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.
#125zombiehunting84Posted 1/18/2013 9:40:20 AM
LOL @ clean cuts. I love how you guys think your better than poeple who use drugs. Truth is, youre just as worthless as most people in this world. Some of the most talented successful people use drugs. Just burns you up knowing that alot of drug users will forever be more important than your meaningless, worthless life will ever be doesnt it?
---
PSN: ThePixies Windows Live ID: ThePixies84
#126ReDDevil2112Posted 1/18/2013 9:43:37 AM
So once you get this job, and you pass whatever drug test they give you, you're going right back on the purple sticky punch? Doesn't that seem... I don't know, a bit sneaky and underhanded to you? Your employer wants you clean and sober, and you "prove it" by urinating in a cup - and after it comes back as clean, you immediately start sullying up your body with the crap you just proved to your employer you weren't on in order to get the job to begin with.

If it's really a problem and it affects his job performance negatively, then the employer should catch on really quick. Despite the "pothead" stereotype, believe it or not, there are plenty of "normal" people who smoke too. You probably know many many people who smoke that you never would have suspected.

Personally I dont see the big deal what they do in their free time. I used to look down on it until I tried it myself, and it's really not that bad. And I only did it the one time, years ago, so I'm not just saying all this to defend some habit I have or something. I just think, like alcohol or anything else, it's not a problem if it's done in moderation. I have seen potheads and that's a really embarrassing place to be, and not someone I really like to associate with. Alcoholics are the same, yet alcohol is completely legal. It's more about how well the person can control their self.

As for people with arguments like "Well you shouldnt be working if you smoke because your employer doesnt want it" or "it's against the law for a reason", well I guess that's a point, but can you honestly tell me you've never broken any rule at work or any law ever? I find that very hard to believe. And I understand that this isnt exactly the most compelling counter-argument. But I dont think that just because it's a law means it's "right". Certain countries ban violent video games, does that suddenly mean we should all stop playing them?
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#127superbowl54Posted 1/18/2013 10:09:26 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
So once you get this job, and you pass whatever drug test they give you, you're going right back on the purple sticky punch? Doesn't that seem... I don't know, a bit sneaky and underhanded to you? Your employer wants you clean and sober, and you "prove it" by urinating in a cup - and after it comes back as clean, you immediately start sullying up your body with the crap you just proved to your employer you weren't on in order to get the job to begin with.

If it's really a problem and it affects his job performance negatively, then the employer should catch on really quick. Despite the "pothead" stereotype, believe it or not, there are plenty of "normal" people who smoke too. You probably know many many people who smoke that you never would have suspected.

Personally I dont see the big deal what they do in their free time. I used to look down on it until I tried it myself, and it's really not that bad. And I only did it the one time, years ago, so I'm not just saying all this to defend some habit I have or something. I just think, like alcohol or anything else, it's not a problem if it's done in moderation. I have seen potheads and that's a really embarrassing place to be, and not someone I really like to associate with. Alcoholics are the same, yet alcohol is completely legal. It's more about how well the person can control their self.

As for people with arguments like "Well you shouldnt be working if you smoke because your employer doesnt want it" or "it's against the law for a reason", well I guess that's a point, but can you honestly tell me you've never broken any rule at work or any law ever? I find that very hard to believe. And I understand that this isnt exactly the most compelling counter-argument. But I dont think that just because it's a law means it's "right". Certain countries ban violent video games, does that suddenly mean we should all stop playing them?

people who use the "it's illegal" line always make me laugh, it's only illegal for political reasons. Thankfully some states are starting to realize how much better life would be if it were legal.

People who've never even smelled it (let alone used it) are the ones that know the most about it. /sarcasm
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena,, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles
#128UberLurkerPosted 1/18/2013 10:28:12 AM
Drugs are a scourge on the purity of gaming!

Last time the gang and I had a disco biscuit session we tried to play some Wipeout... so little racing was had, so much dancing in its stead (and I don't fancy dancing all that much) =P
#129iokiPosted 1/18/2013 11:38:26 AM
Games are entertaining. I for one enjoy enhancing that experience with weed/alcohol. It really is amazing how engrossed you can become in your game world. That being said drugs, and everything in this world, is best used in moderation. Too much of anything is a bad thing.

Some of my favorite experiences:
Journey (OMG!)
Fallout
Skyrim
LittleBigPlanet

Eh pretty much any game you enjoy is fun really. Those are simple enough and not too serious to where you can just have fun enjoying the environment
#130Evel138Posted 1/18/2013 11:55:03 AM(edited)
LMAO.

Reading this thread now in its entirety, I knew that guy would surly be here....you know, "that guy" that's constantly droning on about "science and evidence" and such. "Expand your mind man.....the universe man.....your consciousness man......the cosmos man".

The funny part.....I agree with him whole heartedly. However, this is in context to those rare few that already possessed that kind of intellectual prowess. Unless you were a genius beforehand, don't expect to take a "hit" or a pill and suddenly transform into Timothy Leary.

No, most potheads (and I've known plenty including my own father)......we won't (can't for this discussion) get into junkies as its a whole different ball of wax......but most simple potheads I've ever known.....their only "expansion of the consciousness and the universe" has been a quick little escape of the reality that they're still minimum wage on the dock and a month behind on rent.

Again, I feel everyone should be free, legally, to smoke their life away at the end of a drug pipe, so I'm not against drugs.....just against the notion that drugs transform you into something you're not already.....got a news flash: that's the hallucination of the drugs lying to you.....just hope you never get the bright idea you can fly.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006