This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do ppl insist on using drugs when playing video games to enhance the experi-

#141theshovellerPosted 1/18/2013 9:23:46 PM
hedgylove posted...
An axon is a part of a neuron. It's redundant to include both. Please don't mention biology unless you know something about it, especially if you're doing it in an argument where you want to sound intelligent.

My mistake - it's been a good eleven, eleven and a half years since Anatomy & Physiology in high school, and I forgot that the axon was part of the neuron. Just write it off as a mistake - you know, those things that everyone does because they aren't perfect.

Honestly, I don't even know why I bother stating my opinions or thoughts on certain things on this site - its userbase is way skewed towards the liberal side of things, and damn near attacks anyone who disagrees with them on anything, even outside the scope of something like in this thread and more in line with what the site's supposed to be about - you know, "games."
#142Still__RippinPosted 1/18/2013 9:24:59 PM
theshoveller posted...
Stevo1350 posted...
lol dude i been sober for like 4 months,im waiting for a job to come through. Its not good to make assumptions.

So once you get this job, and you pass whatever drug test they give you, you're going right back on the purple sticky punch? Doesn't that seem... I don't know, a bit sneaky and underhanded to you? Your employer wants you clean and sober, and you "prove it" by urinating in a cup - and after it comes back as clean, you immediately start sullying up your body with the crap you just proved to your employer you weren't on in order to get the job to begin with.

Whatever. People want to get doped out of their gourds, that's their prerogative. Just keep their weed, their crack, their heroin, whatever else they use as far away from me as possible, and out of my house. I don't want that crap anywhere near me or the people I care about.

So.... Obviously you shouldn't be high (or drunk) at work. But, how many people go home after work and get drunk off their ass and wake up hungover? Millions. Why shouldn't someone be able to smoke a little bit and wake up not hungover and sober then go to work like anyone else? And what makes it ok for these tens of millions of people going to work, teaching your kids, driving their school busses, operating on patients, etc to be doing these jobs blown out of their mind on PRESCRIPTION DRUGS Hmmm? l'd rather have someone stoned from weed doing anything rather than someone doped up on Oxycontin,xanax, oxycodone, percosat, vicodin, or any other FAR WORSE drug that the doctor gives them. The doublestandards and general ignorance on this subject continues to astound me. That is all.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#143hedgylovePosted 1/18/2013 10:07:39 PM
theshoveller posted...
hedgylove posted...
An axon is a part of a neuron. It's redundant to include both. Please don't mention biology unless you know something about it, especially if you're doing it in an argument where you want to sound intelligent.

My mistake - it's been a good eleven, eleven and a half years since Anatomy & Physiology in high school, and I forgot that the axon was part of the neuron. Just write it off as a mistake - you know, those things that everyone does because they aren't perfect.

Honestly, I don't even know why I bother stating my opinions or thoughts on certain things on this site - its userbase is way skewed towards the liberal side of things, and damn near attacks anyone who disagrees with them on anything, even outside the scope of something like in this thread and more in line with what the site's supposed to be about - you know, "games."

I just really dislike how easily misconceptions about science and biology in particular are spread due to people (not necessarily you--just people in general) don't know what they're saying. The "humans came from monkeys" and "embryonic stem cells can only be harvested by murder" myths/beliefs perpetuated by pop culture are especially frustrating.

I think that studying biology leads to thinking more liberally. You really start to notice how little the people in charge of spreading information understand the subjects about which they speak. This can be applied to drugs and pharmaceuticals as well. You're free to believe and debate whatever you like, though. If you want me to answer the question, I've never played a game under the influence of anything.
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12