This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG! Emo Dante laugh at real Dante in this easter egg!!! not fake!!!

#141MwarriorHieiPosted 1/15/2013 4:59:43 PM
Why are people looking at this as an insult? It's more of an homage than anything, albeit a playful one.

its kinda like the megaman situation in marvel vs capcom 3. you get lots of references and he appears in a few endings, but isnt a playable character even though he was one of the most asked for since vanilla and is an iconic character while someone like tron gets in over him or resident evil getting 4 characters.
---
o.o
#142sonicteam2k1Posted 1/15/2013 5:06:57 PM
SonicNash posted...
agrissa posted...
Seriously though, why would Tameem insult the character that made the franchise possible? It's the character that made HIS game possible. Without Real Dante, Donte would never exist. Tameem would be unheard of. Ninja Theory would still be looking for a big-name publisher to take a chance on a small dev studio with no good games under its resume.

Absolutely disgusting.

Tameen is just childish and immature, can't do anything professionally.

he's making more money than your sorry ass
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#143sonicteam2k1Posted 1/15/2013 5:08:52 PM
params7 posted...
This new Dante isn't trying hard enough to look edgy. It feels like he's 13 years old or something. Old Dante is better by a mile.

well he is pretty younger in this game.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#144redalert62386Posted 1/15/2013 7:37:57 PM
This comes at the very beginning of the game, which seems fitting. Seriously, it's totally not an insult to players. I think overly sensitive DMC purists are just out of control.

Having played the game for about two hours and, being a huge fan of the original series and the character of Dante, I have to say that this Dante feels more like a real character. This is in no way a diss to the original character. Like I said, huge fan. And it really has nothing to do with how this Dante acts but how his story is being presented, so far. He just seems more human, which is kind of ironic considering he's, ya know, not. But it's far too early in the game to make too many judgements and I might completely change my tune by the end.

Gameplay wise, the only thing I don't like is how slow angel lift feels. It just seems like it should be quicker but instead it's kind of floaty.
---
"As a man in a relationship, you can either be right, or you can be happy."
#145BaseChouGokuPosted 1/15/2013 7:39:56 PM
It's stupid that he's not part human. That's kinda the whole point to Dante. Seriously Tameem just doesn't get it, the fruity clown....
#1463D3Posted 1/15/2013 7:46:11 PM
redalert62386 posted...
Why are people looking at this as an insult? It's more of an homage than anything, albeit a playful one.

Because he says not in a million years.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?