This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony needs to keep the Bond license to themselves..

#1MajorZeroPosted 1/15/2013 12:05:52 AM
it's a Sony pictures brand anyways, and SkyFall was the first Sony pictures movie to break the billion record. it's a hot property and if they give it to a competent developer like naughty Dog and make it exclusive, it could be amazingly successfull.

What develper would you want to make Bond games?
#2SonicNashPosted 1/15/2013 12:10:29 AM
Ninja Theory, they saved DMC, they can save James Bond.
#3riddlebox89Posted 1/15/2013 12:16:19 AM
That's a good idea!

Except that Sony doesn't actually own it...MGM does, they decide who the license to make a game goes to.

Besides, being a Sony exclusive won't matter much if the game sucks.

And lol at Ninja Theory "saving" DMC.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4TomoEK9Posted 1/15/2013 12:17:44 AM
Film rights and game rights are not the same thing.
#5cyberkyberPosted 1/15/2013 12:31:06 AM
@sonicnash ....yeah there version of bond will be a foul mouthed teenager sporting a dirty tank top....can't wait
#6BoosterBurstPosted 1/15/2013 12:33:14 AM
SonicNash posted...
Ninja Theory, they saved DMC, they can save James Bond.

your post is one of the very worst posts on gamefaqs, ever.

cyberkyber posted...
@sonicnash ....yeah there version of bond will be a foul mouthed teenager sporting a dirty tank top....can't wait

nah, it will be James Bond Jr.
#7Ebak_the_catPosted 1/15/2013 6:27:00 AM
I do think the game licence for the Bond franchise needs to end up with someone other than Activision. For all their faults, when it was under EA's leadership, Eurocom did a better job at the Bond games than Activision did when they were controlling Eurocom.

With Eurocom gone, we need a new developer, one that can deliver the James Bond experience we all love and want.

Most James Bond games have been more about shooting than sneaking and surrvialance recently. I feel the best genre for a Bond game would be an RPG/Shooter Hybrid, similar to Borderlands and Fallout. You should still be able to shoot and use gadgets etc. However that is not all that Bond does, he also does investigating and infiltration. Thus stealth and investigating mechanics would be good, something akin to Batman Arkham Asylum/City. Some RPG conversation mechanics would be good as well.

Dishonored would be a good game to start with since that has stealth and combat as part of its main repitoir, plus it has the aspect where you can attack your objective from severl different paths depending on your abilities and what you do etc.

Overall...a Bond game needs to be more than it has been lately...which is basically just shoot shoot shoot. The whole premise of Legends was one I was looking forward too, reliving classic Bond films updated for 2012, great idea. However it was executed poorly.
---
Difference in optinion is not an attack, merely an opening to discuss different perspectives and views.
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.
#8Ebak_the_catPosted 1/15/2013 6:28:00 AM
Opinions people. Just because he liked DmC, doesn't mean he's wrong, it just means he liked it and you didn't, there is no intrinsic fact within an opinion.
---
Difference in optinion is not an attack, merely an opening to discuss different perspectives and views.
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.