This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

look like DmC fans win

#31kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 5:20:30 AM
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
None of the reviews I've read have held it against the game either.

Neither do they hold the average gameplay against it, or the horrible dialogue or anything really.

Because there's no need to? They seem to find the gameplay fun, and the dialogue entertaining (if a bit juvenile at times).

There's no need to look at a game critically?
Okay.

They have done. They just don't agree with you. You know what a review is, yes?

They clearly didn't since they never addressed those issues.
#32mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 5:24:58 AM
Because they aren't issues. What part of this are you not understanding?

They've commented on gameplay and dialogue, they've just not taken any issue with them. Heck, some have commented on the fact that the combat isn't as deep as previous games. They've also said however that it doesn't take anything away from the experience and it obviously hasn't marred their overall opinion.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#33llaW_EnotsPosted 1/15/2013 5:25:39 AM
Adam Sessler calls this game an inverted pyramid of fun.
#34kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 5:30:01 AM
mcsmellington posted...

They've commented on gameplay and dialogue, they've just not taken any issue with them. Heck, some have commented on the fact that the combat isn't as deep as previous games. They've also said however that it doesn't take anything away from the experience and it obviously hasn't marred their overall opinion.

How is inferior gameplay not an issue?
I'm not saying this is a 2/10 would not play kind of game, but it doesn't deserve anything higher than a 7.
#35mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 5:33:35 AM(edited)
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

I'm not saying this is a 2/10 would not play kind of game, but it doesn't deserve anything higher than a 7.

Because it isn't inferior? A few have commented that it's not as deep as in previous experiences, that doesn't equate to inferior. You think it's inferior, and you're entitled to your opinion, but the majority of reviewers seem to think it's a good game, and a much needed reinvention. You might as well just post 'Waah I don't like this game' from now on, because that's all I'm reading every time you post.

Personally I didn't think they were going to mess it up, only because DMC4 was just so damn boring.
---
#36kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 5:33:28 AM
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

Because it isn't inferior? A few have commented that it's not as deep as in previous experiences, that doesn't equate to inferior. You think it's inferior, and you're entitled to your opinion, but the majority of reviewers seem to think it's a good game, and a much needed reinvention.

Personally I didn't think they were going to mess it up, only because DMC4 was just so damn boring.

Seriously? Are saying it's up to par with the gameplay of DMC4?
If you are, then I see no reason to continue this as you are clearly too ignorant.
#37mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 5:35:11 AM
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

Because it isn't inferior? A few have commented that it's not as deep as in previous experiences, that doesn't equate to inferior. You think it's inferior, and you're entitled to your opinion, but the majority of reviewers seem to think it's a good game, and a much needed reinvention.

If you are, then I see no reason to continue this as you are clearly too ignorant.

I've only played the demo to be fair, but it's definitely more fun than DMC4. I wouldn't say it's as good as DMC3, although that was more of an anomaly for me (I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but DMC3 I played numerous times).

Everything from the story, to Nero, to the setting of DMC4 was just boring. It had no style or personality, and it just put me right off playing it.
---
#38MwarriorHieiPosted 1/15/2013 5:35:30 AM

thats the thing though. a majority of reviewers dont know what it is that makes DMC good. the complaints coming from DMC fans is because DmC does not live up to the DMC game. they arent saying the game is bad, just that it is a bad DMC game.
---
o.o
#39kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 5:35:56 AM
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

I've only played the demo to be fair, but it's definitely more fun than DMC4. I wouldn't say it's as good as DMC3, although that was more of an anomaly for me (I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but DMC3 I played numerous times).

Everything from the story, to Nero, to the setting of DMC4 was just boring. It had no style or personality, and it just put me right off playing it.

I agree with that part, but the combat is easily the best.
#40mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 5:36:19 AM
MwarriorHiei posted...

thats the thing though. a majority of reviewers dont know what it is that makes DMC good. the complaints coming from DMC fans is because DmC does not live up to the DMC game. they arent saying the game is bad, just that it is a bad DMC game.

You're making it sound like reviewers can't be fans of a games series >.>
---