This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

look like DmC fans win

#41mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 5:38:22 AM
kupo1705 posted...

I agree with that part, but the combat is easily the best.

What good is marginally better combat when everything else puts you off playing? That's why Capcom went with Ninja Theory - they wanted their experience with character and story telling to build a better DmC universe, which they did. As a consequence, the game is more fun to play through, despite the combat not being as sharp.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#42kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 5:40:44 AM
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...

What good is marginally better combat when everything else puts you off playing? That's why Capcom went with Ninja Theory - they wanted their experience with character and story telling to build a better DmC universe, which they did. As a consequence, the game is more fun to play through, despite the combat not being as sharp.

They didn't exactly succeed with better storytelling and characters.
Nobody is going to claim that DMC ever had a good story, but at least the dialogue was entertaining.
#43DragoonGriffithPosted 1/15/2013 5:41:13 AM
This doesn't mean much coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of the franchise to begin with, but isn't DmC laughably easy compared to the prior games?
Also, way more rough around the edges as far as gameplay itself goes.

At least that's what I've heard and read...
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#44thegame216(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:42:43 AM
" I SHALL FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT!!!"

yea......interesting dialogue my ass.
#45mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 5:43:14 AM
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Nobody is going to claim that DMC ever had a good story, but at least the dialogue was entertaining.

The reviews I've read suggest that they're a marked improvement though, which for a first run at an established series must be worth something?

Personally, DMC had gotten to the point where it was stale. Even if they didn't release them very regularly, the games just felt very samey and uninteresting. It's commendable Ninja Theory managed to take that and turn it into something I want to play again, because I'm sure Capcom couldn't have done that without them.
---
#46MwarriorHieiPosted 1/15/2013 5:45:01 AM
MwarriorHiei posted...
Because it isn't inferior? A few have commented that it's not as deep as in previous experiences, that doesn't equate to inferior. You think it's inferior, and you're entitled to your opinion, but the majority of reviewers seem to think it's a good game, and a much needed reinvention.

Personally I didn't think they were going to mess it up, only because DMC4 was just so damn boring.

thats the thing though. a majority of reviewers dont know what it is that makes DMC good. the complaints coming from DMC fans is because DmC does not live up to the DMC game. they arent saying the game is bad, just that it is a bad DMC game.

You're making it sound like reviewers can't be fans of a games series >.>

they can be fans, but most reviewers play the game casually. they have fun with it and will definitely have fun with DmC, but they wont know what it is that makes the DMC games special.

DmC is a good action game and the reviewers can see that. they dont see why it is a bad DMC game though.
---
o.o
#47kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 5:46:33 AM
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...

The reviews I've read suggest that they're a marked improvement though, which for a first run at an established series must be worth something?

Personally, DMC had gotten to the point where it was stale. Even if they didn't release them very regularly, the games just felt very samey and uninteresting. It's commendable Ninja Theory managed to take that and turn it into something I want to play again, because I'm sure Capcom couldn't have done that without them.

Yeah, reviews. The reviews who are written by people who have no clue what they're talking about.

Stale or not, as a DMC game, it's terrible.
As an action game, it's average.
#48MwarriorHieiPosted 1/15/2013 5:47:13 AM(edited)

Vergil: "We make a good team."
Dante: "I'm stronger."
Vergil: "I'm smarter."
Dante: "I'm better looking."
Vergil: "And I have a bigger dick."

shakespeare levels of dialogue
---
o.o
#49mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 5:52:13 AM
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Yeah, reviews. The reviews who are written by people who have no clue what they're talking about.

Stale or not, as a DMC game, it's terrible.
As an action game, it's average.

Ahh, so the reviewers don't have a clue what they're talking about? I see. I'm sure you're far more reputable than dozens of professionals.

You've made it quite clear having a conversation with you is a waste of time, so it's probably best I stop >_<
---
#50thegame216(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:52:35 AM
MwarriorHiei posted...

Vergil: "We make a good team."
Dante: "I'm stronger."
Vergil: "I'm smarter."
Dante: "I'm better looking."
Vergil: "And I have a bigger dick."

shakespeare levels of dialogue

it fits with the tone of how the brothers act towards each other. it's dialogue that would actually happen in our society. nobody however, would say the former....