This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

look like DmC fans win

#71RampantBlattPosted 1/15/2013 9:39:23 AM
I don't know why people are celebrating right now.

EVERY game gets a good score at first.

Hell, Dragon Age 2 was heralded as one of the best, but that was a piece of ass by Dragon Age standards, let alone any good RPG.
#72ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/15/2013 9:44:16 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
waiting 1 month for mg rising to kick its ass

While Rising will be far superior, I kinda think it will sell worse...
#73MegaMettaurPosted 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM
Evel138 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Evel138 posted...
megaultrarice34 posted...
Just look at dem user scores. It only gets worst from here.

"Dem user scores" represent why the current gaming culture is a ******* pathetic joke. There are still plenty of real gamers out there.....those that just play and have fun with it, but those voices seem to be ever more drowned out by the noise of a petulant internet.

Gaming culture? Don't make me laugh.

You've got a point with dip ***** giving a game that is apparently at the very least, decent, a score reserved for games so bad that they're literally unplayable.

Gaming had a culture though.....if you weren't around to experience it, too bad for you.....but it did exist at one time.

The FGC is the gaming community, or at least what it used to be.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#74RampantBlattPosted 1/15/2013 9:55:01 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

I get that feeling too.

And WHY?

Because it isn't everyone's mancrush. IE Snake.

And since it isn't MGS, the ho-rotic fanboys won't get into it.
#75OrangeSchweesePosted 1/15/2013 10:10:34 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

I'll probably enjoy both. They can both be easily critiqued for their styles, btw. The difference is that DmC probably isn't taking itself too seriously.

Really, opinions are so binary on this site. "You can only enjoy one game from this genre" "A console is either an extreme success or a complete failure" etc.
#76BoosterBurstPosted 1/15/2013 10:12:26 AM
Looks like DMC fans win, since DmC is a failure of a flop. Hell, even Enslaved and Heavenly Sword and FFXIII got around those same scores, and all those games are super mediocre.
#77RampantBlattPosted 1/15/2013 10:13:05 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

I'll probably enjoy both. They can both be easily critiqued for their styles, btw. The difference is that DmC probably isn't taking itself too seriously.

Really, opinions are so binary on this site. "You can only enjoy one game from this genre" "A console is either an extreme success or a complete failure" etc.

And don't forget "rip-offs".

Because you know, certain mechanics are only allowed to certain games, even if they ARE a god damn staple to the genre.

OMG a third person shooter with cover mechanics? GEARS OF WAR CLONE!
#78art_of_the_killPosted 1/15/2013 10:53:00 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the series ended at DMC 3. We will probably never get another DMC game that great again --- not even from Capcom.

Though I can accept DmC because I see it as a reboot. It was NEVER going to be like the previous games in the first place, which is something that the haters don't seem to understand.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#79MwarriorHieiPosted 1/15/2013 4:26:03 PM(edited)
it fits with the tone of how the brothers act towards each other. it's dialogue that would actually happen in our society. nobody however, would say the former....

slurm queen: "f*** you"
dante: "f*** you"
slurm queen: "f*** YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
*induces vomitting and vomits on dante*

deep commentary on our society today.

Here's the problem right here. These people who think they are the final word when it comes to how games should be made. Can this poster tell us for a fact he knows the "majority of these reviewers" didn't play any of the previous DmC games? What arrogance...

i never said i have the final word to how games should be made. i also never said a majority of reviewers haven't played previous DMC games. stop putting words in my mouth.
what i did say is that a majority of reviewers dont know why the DMC games are special. by the very nature of their job, a reviewer will most likely not have enough time to get into the meat of DMC's combat system. to them, DMC and DmC have the same gameplay because they dont dedicate (or even have) the time needed to fully understand the combat in DMC.

After playing DMC4 I think it's safe to say neither do Capcom.

you see the story but completely ignore the game system, which is as good as the combat in DMC3.

Professionals are paid to write objective reviews. Obviously they can't be 100% objective, but they're (supposed to be) enough so that their opinions and views are worth reading. Moreso than the rabid fanboys on here see Dante's hair and rage, anyway.

when first announced, it wasnt just the hair; it was his entire image. and when first released, it was a legitimate complaint. after waiting for so long for a new DMC game, donte gets shown. when gameplay was shown, those complaints completely overshadowed donte. the only reason people think that the main complaint at this point is the image is because that is all that major publications ever bring up.

if you seriously think that the new image is the main complaint, then you are just as blind.
---
o.o
#80HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/15/2013 4:24:57 PM
DmC is a pretty decent game, but it's meta is only going to go down.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg