This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reviewers now decide which PS3 games are good.

#1jammiesPosted 1/15/2013 3:43:46 AM
______ - Results (87 votes)
True, I worship Metacritic.
18.39% (16 votes)
False, I still have opinions... I think.
81.61% (71 votes)
This poll is now closed.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#2kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 3:44:55 AM
All hail Metacritic, for it will guide thee with future purchases.
#3jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 3:51:28 AM
kupo1705 posted...
All hail Metacritic, for it will guide thee with future purchases.

That does seem like a GameFAQs mantra.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#4SkittyOnWailordPosted 1/15/2013 3:56:15 AM
Actually I've found that I usually prefer games that get low reviews. Take that as you will.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#5gjc2007Posted 1/15/2013 4:26:18 AM
Read the review, ignore the score, play a demo if possible. If you can find a reviewer or two that you seem to frequently agree with, that helps too.

Works pretty well for me.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#6boredofyouPosted 1/15/2013 4:27:02 AM
Whats a Metacritic?
Sounds like something you get when you don't cover up before bumping uglys with a questionable woman..
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#7llaW_EnotsPosted 1/15/2013 4:29:33 AM
In a recent GFaqs poll, the age of the users was asked. Most people on this site can't even drive yet so it's important for them to be told by adults which games are good. Otherwise, how will they return a game if an adult won't drive them?
#8CallmegePosted 1/15/2013 4:37:20 AM
Metacritic is a useful tool if you're on the fence but ultimately reviews are a bag of cap these days.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#9ps3_gamer_norgePosted 1/15/2013 5:00:30 AM
gjc2007 posted...
Read the review, ignore the score, play a demo if possible. If you can find a reviewer or two that you seem to frequently agree with, that helps too.

Works pretty well for me.
#10Ebak_the_catPosted 1/15/2013 5:08:31 AM
I use a combination of both. I will bear the review in mind but usually go with my gut feeling and usually it turns out to be right. Usually the only reviews I disagree with are bad reviews, most positive reviews I tend to agree with.
---
Difference in optinion is not an attack, merely an opening to discuss different perspectives and views.
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.