This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reviewers now decide which PS3 games are good.

#11KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/15/2013 6:30:14 AM
Ebak_the_cat posted...
I use a combination of both. I will bear the review in mind but usually go with my gut feeling and usually it turns out to be right. Usually the only reviews I disagree with are bad reviews, most positive reviews I tend to agree with.

This is what I feel as well. Reviews are a guide to whether I will like it or not, as is player reaction on these boards and yuotube vids. I've rarely got it wrong as I research. The 2 notable occasions I have messed up are Saints Row 2 (360 board thought it was amazing, it wasn't, it was awful IMO) and Dragon Age Origins (love the style, but the gameplay and story bored me to death), even after extensive research these games were not for me.

The thing is most people think like this but unfortunately you get these nobs who post topics with just a number and instantly think the game is crap, even though they haven't played it OR read the review. DMC on this board is a great example of that.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#12llaW_EnotsPosted 1/15/2013 6:31:56 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
The thing is most people think like this but unfortunately you get these nobs who post topics with just a number and instantly think the game is crap, even though they haven't played it OR read the review. DMC on this board is a great example of that.

It's hard for you to say that when I read the game is 15 hours long.
#13jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 4:32:15 PM
True 9
False 46
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#14MalifacentXPosted 1/15/2013 4:33:27 PM
Had I listened to the reviews, I'd have passed on both Anarchy Reigns and Epic Mickey 2... some of my better buys as of late!
---
PSN: TharkChieftain
You are a lightbulb assassin. ~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#15wstfldPosted 1/15/2013 4:34:15 PM
I always go with reviews. I don't have the time to try every game.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL