This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 will have a faster ram, Sony already won next gen.

#11Neoreloaded313Posted 1/15/2013 6:22:53 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
gtaking5 posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
The 720 will have more ram but more ram is nothing, speed is more important.

Two things:

Specs are not final. No one can really say how much ram the PS4 will have yet.

Look at the PS3's lack of cross game chat and lack of custom music in every game. Our smaller amount of ram is the reason why we don't have them.

No and no. Cross game chat is not in because of some certain old games that don't have an ingame XMB. I think they're some EA games.

And Sony have said time and time that custom soundtracks are up to the developers

I'm pretty sure that crossgame chat isn't in because Microsoft patented it. I'm also pretty sure that an integrated system in the OS for custom soundtracks is something Microsoft patented. Developers can choose to give games that feature individually, but it must be build into the game. Sony isn't allowed to put that feature in their OS.

That is wrong, the Vita has cross game chat.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#12nonexistingheroPosted 1/15/2013 6:28:30 AM
Probably because it's on a handheld. Patents need to be pretty specific. Sony is also probably allowed to come up with an external device that allows cross-game chat for the PS3.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#13ShineboxerPosted 1/15/2013 6:29:45 AM
No, Sony will lose next gen because they don't have the funds to keep their console alive like this gen.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#14lambchipsPosted 1/15/2013 6:33:55 AM
sony always win baby
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#15Ubba84Posted 1/15/2013 6:35:30 AM
I will just buy both, I won next Gen.
---
PSN: SaucagedogOelie
Yes I did spell sausage wrong, so sue me :-(
#16gtaking5Posted 1/15/2013 7:32:23 AM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
gtaking5 posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
The 720 will have more ram but more ram is nothing, speed is more important.

Two things:

Specs are not final. No one can really say how much ram the PS4 will have yet.

Look at the PS3's lack of cross game chat and lack of custom music in every game. Our smaller amount of ram is the reason why we don't have them.

No and no. Cross game chat is not in because of some certain old games that don't have an ingame XMB. I think they're some EA games.

And Sony have said time and time that custom soundtracks are up to the developers

I'm pretty sure that crossgame chat isn't in because Microsoft patented it. I'm also pretty sure that an integrated system in the OS for custom soundtracks is something Microsoft patented. Developers can choose to give games that feature individually, but it must be build into the game. Sony isn't allowed to put that feature in their OS.

That is wrong, the Vita has cross game chat.

This. Patents mean nothing when it's just code. Someone explained a long time ago, that there are innumerable ways Sony could program the cross game chat and soundtracks. Just because Microsoft hold a patent for one, or a couple of ways, does not mean they hold one for all ways. And they don't. If Sony really wanted to they would put cross game chat on the PS3. But I think I read somewhere that it wont work because of the way the XMB does and they'd have to recode it from the ground up or something like that.

So yeah. Sony are allowed to put cross game chat and in game soundtracks into the OS. They just have to redesign the entire thing. No big deal right?

Or they could just add Skype to the XMB and do it the easy way. Matter of fact why haven't they added Skype to the XMB?
---
Amy don't you go, I want you around
Singin' woah please don't go. Do you wanna be a friend of mine?
#17Bebop242Posted 1/15/2013 7:40:48 AM
Doesn't help that Microsoft now owns Skype.
#18ThePatrickPosted 1/15/2013 11:10:41 AM
Depends on which one is easier to develop for.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored